• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

3D Video On Blu-Ray Player

JToeppen

Question

Our side by side videos play well in page flip mode using our computer, Nvidia card, and Samsung 3DHD monitor. 20 of my S3D videos posted on YouTube don't have problems. But, we can not seem to burn a 3D video using our new Roxio software that will play in 3D using a HDMI 1.4 compliant Blue-Ray player and 3DTVs.

It is not obvious to me that the Roxio software allows us to select the input format (over/under, left/right, or separate R and L). Consequently, our recorded side by side images are displayed as side by side images on our 50" plasma and not in stereo at all.

I guess I need to know if the Roxio software is capable of authoring 3D stereo DVDs that can be read on standard HDMI 1.4 Blu-Rays and viewed on 3DHDTVs in page flip mode. If it is possible, how do I create such a readable disc?

JToeppen

4 answers to this question

Our side by side videos play well in page flip mode using our computer, Nvidia card, and Samsung 3DHD monitor. 20 of my S3D videos posted on YouTube don't have problems. But, we can not seem to burn a 3D video using our new Roxio software that will play in 3D using a HDMI 1.4 compliant Blue-Ray player and 3DTVs.

It is not obvious to me that the Roxio software allows us to select the input format (over/under, left/right, or separate R and L). Consequently, our recorded side by side images are displayed as side by side images on our 50" plasma and not in stereo at all.

I guess I need to know if the Roxio software is capable of authoring 3D stereo DVDs that can be read on standard HDMI 1.4 Blu-Rays and viewed on 3DHDTVs in page flip mode. If it is possible, how do I create such a readable disc?

JToeppen

What is "page flip mode"? This program will work with Real3D and red/cyan anaglyph. You cannot make a 3D blu-ray disc with it but you can make a 3D AVCHD idsc.

Start with "Edit Video -Advanced" it will ask you what type of format file you are adding and what output format you want. When you select 3D input, you should get a tutorial that will help. If you have questions after you watch the tutorial, then come back and ask.

I don't believe that this program is a full 3D editor so perhaps what you want is not possible.

Bottom line is that you probably have more 3D equipment at the lab than most of us and have the 3D knowledge. Please use baby steps when you ask us a question or discuss what you want. Since this is a Roxio flagship product, you also have free tech support for a period of time. I would suggest that you try that and then get bak here.

Edited by sknis

We fixed our problem. We needed to select 3D AVCHD and RealD as our output format, and we get to select our side by side input format. The finished 3D DVD was inserted into a Panasonic 3D Blue-Ray player connected to a 120Hz Plasma HDTV. Once the disc was inserted into the player and the video recognized, we needed to use the TV control to select our 3D input format and hit "OK" and it runs great.

Page flipping mode alternately displays the right and left images at a 60Hz frequency for each image on a 120Hz display. This way, a full resolution full color 1080p image is provided for each eye. The shuttered glasses make sure that each eye only sees the image intended for it. The Panasonic plasma display is breathtaking and free of any ghosting (right/left crosstalk). We are very happy that this has all come together for us.

I can say with certainty that the Roxio 3D software is suitable for burning 3D Blu-Ray compatable DVDs for 3D HDTVs. The only other software that one needs is StereoMovie Maker to synchronize, align, and join two video streams to produce side/side or over/under 3D movies. Input file of Quicktime (animations)or MJPEG (Canons, Kodaks and some other cameras)require a plugin codec to recognize and open the files. Details are on the SMM web pages and Yahoo has a 3DTV blog where members share this sort of information.

JToeppen

Edited by JToeppen

We fixed our problem. We needed to select 3D AVCHD and RealD as our output format, and we get to select our side by side input format. The finished 3D DVD was inserted into a Panasonic 3D Blue-Ray player connected to a 120Hz Plasma HDTV. Once the disc was inserted into the player and the video recognized, we needed to use the TV control to select our 3D input format and hit "OK" and it runs great.

Page flipping mode alternately displays the right and left images at a 60Hz frequency for each image on a 120Hz display. This way, a full resolution full color 1080p image is provided for each eye. The shuttered glasses make sure that each eye only sees the image intended for it. The Panasonic plasma display is breathtaking and free of any ghosting (right/left crosstalk). We are very happy that this has all come together for us.

I can say with certainty that the Roxio 3D software is suitable for burning 3D Blu-Ray compatable DVDs for 3D HDTVs. The only other software that one needs is StereoMovie Maker to synchronize, align, and join two video streams to produce side/side or over/under 3D movies. Input file of Quicktime (animations)or MJPEG (Canons, Kodaks and some other cameras)require a plugin codec to recognize and open the files. Details are on the SMM web pages and Yahoo has a 3DTV blog where members share this sort of information.

JToeppen

I am using a Panasonic Plasma (vt20) and a ps3 blu ray , I think I am seeing the same thing , I have to manually tell the tv side by side if I leave it on ' auto ' in the 3d setting it will not display in stereo just two screens side by side. Is there a way to just make the disc play in 3D without going into the panasonic's menu ?

Edited by jhkilroy

I am using a Panasonic Plasma (vt20) and a ps3 blu ray , I think I am seeing the same thing , I have to manually tell the tv side by side if I leave it on ' auto ' in the 3d setting it will not display in stereo just two screens side by side. Is there a way to just make the disc play in 3D without going into the panasonic's menu ?

You already have a Topic started about this, HERE

Just one Post or Topic per problem please. Multiple postings of the same question just add confusion… ;)