• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Zoberist

Adding Video Effects

Question

I use ROXIO 2011 to process high definition video of High School Football Games. Each football play is separate video shot and appears as a separate box in a storyline with a start time and end end time. Typically there are about 145 of these video clips per game, each about 30 seconds in duration. The video is shot with 1280 x 1920 HD. When I load these into ROXIO VideoWave I can add Text Effects, Overlays, Video Effects and Transitions. What I want to be able to do is to, for each clip, identify a single player by overlaying a small white circle or some other unique identification for some adjustable length of time. Can I use ROXIO to do this?

4 answers to this question

You can make a white circle in Videowave or create an overlay in another program and add that to your production; unfortunately, however, I don't know of any way to keyframe either to follow the player, if that is what you want to do.

Also you might consider using the zoom function to zoom in or zoom out to highlight the player. This may be easier because if you use the custom zoom, you can select where the zoom starts and or finishes.

This (link) is from an earlier version of Edit Video Advanced (Video Wave) but it might give you some idea of what I'm trying to explain. The example is with an image but it works with video also (almost the same way).

karri and sknis: Thank you both very much for your responses. I have found a way to accomplish this. Using Roxio Creator 11 and Roxio VideoWave (Edit Video Advanced) I created a "Text Overlay" with a large capital "O" and made it white. At the start of each video segment I placed it over the player which I wish to highlight. Then I used the production editor "Timeline" at the bottom of the page to hold it there just for the start of the play. It takes a little bit of work but it comes out OK. I can also create the same effect using YouTube using annotations and captions which is where I am putting the video. This takes more time.

Glad you found a solution using text, Zoberist. If the capital O seems too "textish" to you, you can create elliptical, rectangular, or rounded rectangular shapes by modifying the text effect using the Frames tab in the Text Settings panel. Post back if you want more detailed info.