sorrell

Easy Vhs Does Not Start

Question

I just received the item and got the VHS to DVD working ok, downloaded 30 minutes of tape ok, I then went and did bits and pieces in iMovie with the file, when I went back to download another 30 minutes of tape, it would not respond, coming up with: Please connect your Easy VHS to DVD Capture hardware to any USB 2.0 port and I can’t get it to go any further. Have tried various other sources ie vhs recorder, still with nothing, not even asking to connect video and then audio. Have download from CD again but to no avail, any ideas.

Have looked at all the forums but none of them help.

I am running it on Mac Pro 2 x 2 ghz dual core intel xeon, have tried on their web site with a ticket but get no reply. I live in England

6 answers to this question

Hi there, I just signed up to post the same thing, so thought I'd add to your thread!

Have you checked to see if the mac is finding the device (in system profiler, under USB)? Also have you got the latest version of the vhs to dvd software? - Just thought it's worth mentioning, It didn't help me though.

Mine works with my dual core imac perfectly but my i5 macbook pro won't recognise it at all, nothing listed in system profiler either, regardless of which port it's plugged into. Very annoying.

Anyone got any suggestions for either of us?

Hi there, I just signed up to post the same thing, so thought I'd add to your thread!

Have you checked to see if the mac is finding the device (in system profiler, under USB)? Also have you got the latest version of the vhs to dvd software? - Just thought it's worth mentioning, It didn't help me though.

Mine works with my dual core imac perfectly but my i5 macbook pro won't recognise it at all, nothing listed in system profiler either, regardless of which port it's plugged into. Very annoying.

Anyone got any suggestions for either of us?

Hi Jonny

Just to let everyone know after exhaustive tests on various computers and with the help from the online help in America, it turns out to be the capture unit itself, so Roxio in England are refunding the money and ordering a new unit.

Very efficient.

Dave

Dave, did the USB piece look bent or at an angle? Did you receive a new unit? Roxio says they can't send a replacement part; mine has never worked.

Dave, did the USB piece look bent or at an angle? Did you receive a new unit? Roxio says they can't send a replacement part; mine has never worked.

No it was not bent or anything, it worked for 10 minutes or so, and then packed up.

Got hold of Roxio America on line and after about 4 hours, they said it was a problem with the unit and they said the same thing, they do not supply replacements, I got a replacement number from America and had to phone Roxio England and explain to them what had happened and the number and they then ordered a new replacement unit from America (long way round, but it works)