ghr

Creator Special Edition 2011

Question

Is there any difference in the features of the special edition from the standard edition?

I know that the special edition includes the bonus to convert VHS to DVD, but other then that

anything else?

20 answers to this question

Is there any difference in the features of the special edition from the standard edition?

I know that the special edition includes the bonus to convert VHS to DVD, but other then that

anything else?

What "special edition "?.

Roxio retail has 2 versions http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/default.html?rTrack=m_pro_creator

Edited by ogdens

anything else?

What version of Roxio Software do you have? Be specific about the name!

There was a SE Special Edition sold through Walmart and Target I believe for Roxio Creator 2009.

I haven't heard of a SE Special Edition for C2010 or C2011.

The only difference I remember was the SE Special Edition included the USB Capture Device.

Back on Track and one other application (I don't remember which) was not included. BOT is a hard drive back up utility.

I belong to Costco and just got their email flyer advertising Roxio Creator Special Edition 2011.

My memory is returning!

There was a C2010 SE.

I'll see what I can find out about C2011 SE you say is sold at Costco and get back.

Here's the 2011 SE. There wasn't a whole lot of information about the programs included. Selling price $64.99.

post-40659-034781400 1286579653.jpg

In the past, the Special Edition was the Regular Edition Plus the Roxio Video Capture USB Device. Nothing else was excluded.

There was a "Creator 2010 PLUS" edition that did not have the AVCHD capability and the Back on Track.

Otherwise the Special Editions have always been the full regular version + the device.

In the past, the Special Edition was the Regular Edition Plus the Roxio Video Capture USB Device. Nothing else was excluded.

There was a "Creator 2010 PLUS" edition that did not have the AVCHD capability and the Back on Track.

Otherwise the Special Editions have always been the full regular version + the device.

Thanks everybody for your replies.

I ordered one from costco.com and the site gives a good description of the product

and it itemizes all the features.

It looks identical to the regular edition.

The site also says the price $64.99 is valid from Oct. 4,2010 through Oct. 17,2010 while supplies last.

So if one is thinking about this, you might want to place an order soon.

Thanks everybody for your replies.

I ordered one from costco.com and the site gives a good description of the product

and it itemizes all the features.

It looks identical to the regular edition.

The site also says the price $64.99 is valid from Oct. 4,2010 through Oct. 17,2010 while supplies last.

So if one is thinking about this, you might want to place an order soon.

Costco does offer some good prices.

If you do a lot of shopping there throughout the year, you can easily recoup your membership fees.

Enjoy your purchase and don't hesitate to pop in ;)

Anyone knows if Roxio is giving the same rebate of $20.00 for the Costco version to previous Roxio user as they are doing in Fry's stores ?

Prices and rebate offers by retail stores are set by the stores themselves and not Roxio

Prices and rebate offers by retail stores are set by the stores themselves and not Roxio

I'm talking about this Roxio offer not the retailer, what I can't tell exactly is if Roxio is hororing this rebate for any Roxio 2011 picked up at any retailer of just Frys...(this link is taken from Fry's stores website)

My link

Edited by mackado

On this page, look to the right - where the asterisks is - and you will see the $20 rebate. The one you have from Fry's is good for an upgrade from a previous version. For the standard editing I don't know if Roxio would honor the $59 price and give you the rebate on top of that.

Look at my post re: Fry's price a couple of days ago on this sectrion of the forum and you can get the standard edition for $39. No such rebate on the Pro.

Look at the address - Roxio is in California - that's to Texas

Daithi, no company I know of here in the states runs there own rebate system..

This is the same rebate firm Roxio uses rebatesHQ.com...

Read #2 in the link below..

http://kb.roxio.com/...S=set-locale=en

A guess was all (over here if they discount something they just knock it off the sale price and no 'mail-ins').

However, from that it would seem that the 'rebate company' probably handles a lot of clients so it's doubtful if you can aDD a rebate from company 'A' to one from company 'B' to get even more off (theoretically if there were a batch you could end up not only getting a product free, but get money paid to you as well) :lol:

Edited by gi7omy

A guess was all (over here if they discount something they just knock it off the sale price and no 'mail-ins').

However, from that it would seem that the 'rebate company' probably handles a lot of clients so it's doubtful if you can aDD a rebate from company 'A' to one from company 'B' to get even more off (theoretically if there were a batch you could end up not only getting a product free, but get money paid to you as well) :lol:

There is no company A or B the rebate forms say Roxio! :blink: