• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Newbie Needs Help Bad

joe tengler

Question

I just bought easy to dvd last night. Didn't realize till I got it home that it was vista and i am running w7. It kept rolling back and wouldn't install all the way. No problem.....figured out since i was using a usb hub that might be the problem so i disconnected the hub abd ran installation again and it installed. Now thre problem is that when I start the program no video options are available. All i see are audio options! HELP!!!

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

It will not work and cannot be made to work!

I am surprised that any store still has the old versions on the shelf a YEAR after the Win7 Compatible versions came out!

Your only recourse is to ask the store to exchange it for a Win7 Compatible version or give you a store credit. (most will not refund on open software).

Do you have any other Roxio software on your PC, perhaps an OEM version of 10.3??? The Device will work with that.

I did exactly that, lol. not having the box they let me exchange it and I took the w7 version to them and they exchanged it. Now i'm having fun trying to figure out why the capture video button won't light up and i can't see what's n my tv screen in the little black box........

What do you mean by " I took the w7 version to them and they exchanged it"?. You said that you bought the Vista version and went to exchange it.

Assuming you have the correct version, give us some more detail of what you are doing.

For example....what application in the program are you using?

If you are trying to copy some VHS tapes how of you got the VHS machine hooked, etc.......

Edited by ogdens

They are probably expecting mobs to be fighting over that last copy of Vista :lol:

So now we start from the beginning :lol:

Let's make sure we eliminate the old drivers...

Open up the Device Manager (Win-Pause keys - Device Manager)

Expand the the 'Sound, vide and game controllers' section.

Insert the USB Capture device and 2 entries should appear in there... Delete both!

If an 'Unknown Device' pops up somewhere, delete it too.

Unplug the device and reboot.

Now give it a try with both a VCR as well as a DVD Player or camcorder. Should work...

i give up i have windows xp and i have bought a 2nd vhs to dvd copy and i cannot get it to load, i can get it to download 2/3s of the way and it shuts down i am pissed,

Does you meet the minimum requirements here http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/easy-vhs-to-dvd/standard/requirements.html