• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

rufus

Where Is Videowave?

Question

Hi.

Something called Roxio Creator Premier came with my new Dell computer. I have used previous versions of Creator, the most recent being Creator 2009. Today I ran the program for the first time, starting with Slideshow Assistant. When I reached the final step there was no option to move the slideshow to VideoWave. So I saved the slideshow and closed Slideshow Assistant. I then returned to the Premier Home page and start looking for VideoWave, but couldn't find it.

Has its name changed since Creator 2009?

Is it only accessible through another application?

What am I missing?

Two final questions.

I realize that the program is a trial version but nowhere could I find how long the trial period lasts. Does anyone know?

Just what is "Premier"? On the Roxio site I see Creator 2011 and Creator 2011 Pro. Is Premier just the name of the trial version? If not, what is the Premier version? (Perhaps, it's Creator 2011 with VideoWave missing. :) )

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I'd say that rather than a trial version it's an OEM version provided by your computer manufacturer.

That being the case there are often components missing in those versions.

VideoWave could be just one of those.

If it's there it could be on the Home page under Video,Edit Video-Advanced.

The other place,if you have it could be on the Start menu under Roxio,Applications.

I'd say that rather than a trial version it's an OEM version provided by your computer manufacturer.

That being the case there are often components missing in those versions.

VideoWave could be just one of those.

If it's there it could be on the Home page under Video,Edit Video-Advanced.

The other place,if you have it could be on the Start menu under Roxio,Applications.

Thanks, but VideoWave is in neither location.

You're probably right about the OEM version.

One other point (that I omitted in my original post), in case anyone else is reading this: the full title of what I have is Roxio Creator Premier Blu-ray 10.3

Hi.

Something called Roxio Creator Premier came with my new Dell computer. I have used previous versions of Creator, the most recent being Creator 2009. Today I ran the program for the first time, starting with Slideshow Assistant. When I reached the final step there was no option to move the slideshow to VideoWave. So I saved the slideshow and closed Slideshow Assistant. I then returned to the Premier Home page and start looking for VideoWave, but couldn't find it.

Has its name changed since Creator 2009?

Is it only accessible through another application?

What am I missing?

Two final questions.

I realize that the program is a trial version but nowhere could I find how long the trial period lasts. Does anyone know?

Just what is "Premier"? On the Roxio site I see Creator 2011 and Creator 2011 Pro. Is Premier just the name of the trial version? If not, what is the Premier version? (Perhaps, it's Creator 2011 with VideoWave missing. :) )

Thanks.

When I took delivery of my Dell PC back in January it came with an OEM version of Roxio, this version was missing many features and modules, the main one for me was Video wave, the OEM version also refused to open many files I was using without problems with my old EMC 9.

I also read around here months back that even the full version offered by Dell (not the stripped OEM) was not the latest version available at the time either (Roxio 2010) so if you upgrade, make sure you get the latest Roxio 2011.