• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 2011

ThePad

Question

Hi There,

I have a full version of Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite. I am thinking of upgrading to Roxio Creator 2011. Can anyone tell me if I will be able to use the .dmsd project files I created with MyDVD in EMC 10 Suite with the version of MyDvd in Roxio Creator 11.

I would be very grateful for any help with this.

TIA

6 answers to this question

I'm afraid this is an 'it all depends' sort of answer. Do you have EMC 10.0 or 10.1?

Compatability broke between those two so it may be safer to burn your projects either to disc or to .iso format first - then use the newer app.

You could also keep EMC 10 (the only thing that will be 'replaced' will be Cineplayer)

I'm afraid this is an 'it all depends' sort of answer. Do you have EMC 10.0 or 10.1?

Compatability broke between those two so it may be safer to burn your projects either to disc or to .iso format first - then use the newer app.

You could also keep EMC 10 (the only thing that will be 'replaced' will be Cineplayer)

Thanks for the reply gi7omy. Under Help/About the details of my version come up as shown below. So it looks like I have version 10.1. Does that mean the .dmsd projects will be compatible with Creator 2011?

The main reason I am concerned about this is that I revisit my projects on a regular basis and make changes. I want to be able to continue to do that. Do you know if it is possible to have both applications installed at the same time, or would that just create conflicts?

Again many thanks for taking the time to respond.

Easy Media Creator 10 Suite

Version: 1.0.044

Build: 100B44B, R03

Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 4.16.17﹭, 45

Module Name: Roxio Central Core

Version: 3.6.0

Build: 360B77B, C10

Module Name: Roxio Central Tools

Build: 360B19B, C10

Module Name: Roxio Central Data

Build: 360B21A, C10

Module Name: Roxio Central Copy

Build: 360B22A, C10

Module Name: Roxio Central Audio

Build: 360B30A, C10

Module Name: Roxio Disc Gallery

Version: 3.1

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006

Edited by cdanteek
Edit out CD Key! Please don't post CD Keys...

Under Help/About the details of my version come up as shown below. So it looks like I have version 10.1. Does that mean the .dmsd projects will be compatible with Creator 2011?

No, that's version 10.0.44B - the link that Cdanteek posted will get you 10.1 [it's a full uninstall of 10.0 and install of 10.1] but I can't promise that even 10.1's .dmsd projects will be compatible with Creator 2011.

Thanks for the replies guys.

From what you are saying it would appear to me that Creator 2011 will not be backwards compatible with the .dmsd files I made with Easy Media Creator Suite 10. If this is the case it is a major disincentive to purchase the upgrade and IMO a serious error on the part of Roxio.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have EMC 10 and Creator 11 installed on the same PC? I think ithat might well end up with conflicts but don't really know. If both could be installed at the same time it would solve my problem.

Any help with this question would be greatly appeciated.

TIA