VideoWave won't open

The Joss

Question

The problem I have is that Video Wave won't even open and hangs/freezes during opening. This problem occurred after I had used it twice.

The remaining applications all work perfectly but which ever way I try to open VW either directly or via Create DVD its the same old result, the program has stopped responding and will be closed.

HELP!

I am using VW in Roxio Creator 2011 Pro.

Before this I was using Easy Media Creator 7.5 which I uninstalled prior to installing RC 2011Pro

I have conducted a complete unisnstall the rebooted the reinstalled and rebooted and the problem persists. I have downloaded and installed the service pack update and updaed my Nvidia drivers.

My system specs are:

Nvidia Geoforce 220 GT

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2,40 GHz 2.30Ghz

2GB Ram

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit

post-88268-084467700 1286548023.png

5 answers to this question

This was touched on in another post but make sure if you updated Microsoft Internet Explorer to the IE9 Beta that you remove it and go back to IE8. I had the exact same issue a couple of days ago and it was resolved with rolling back to IE8.

To roll back IE8 you need to:

1. From Control Panel run "Programs and Features" in Windows 7 or "Add Remove Programs" in older versions

2. Click on "View Installed Updates" in the upper left part of the window

3. Find IE9 in the list and uninstall.

You will have to patch IE8 after rolling back.

This was touched on in another post but make sure if you updated Microsoft Internet Explorer to the IE9 Beta that you remove it and go back to IE8. I had the exact same issue a couple of days ago and it was resolved with rolling back to IE8.

To roll back IE8 you need to:

1. From Control Panel run "Programs and Features" in Windows 7 or "Add Remove Programs" in older versions

2. Click on "View Installed Updates" in the upper left part of the window

3. Find IE9 in the list and uninstall.

You will have to patch IE8 after rolling back.

Lama - where did you see that the OP had installed IE9 Beta? There could be several other possibilities.

I didn't say he did have it installed, but was just throwing it out there since it was mentioned on another thread plus the fact that I had the same problem he has after I installed the IE9 Beta. When I uninstalled IE9 Beta the crash/hang problem went away for VideoWave. I still have the problem where I can't remove subtitles in Video Copy & Convert but that is part of another thread. ;)

Sometimes I completely miss a topic that could have saved me hours or days of struggling. Then, someone hits me over the head with the answer which was there all along but hidden in plain sight.

I didn't say he did have it installed, but was just throwing it out there since it was mentioned on another thread plus the fact that I had the same problem he has after I installed the IE9 Beta. When I uninstalled IE9 Beta the crash/hang problem went away for VideoWave. I still have the problem where I can't remove subtitles in Video Copy & Convert but that is part of another thread. ;)

Sometimes I completely miss a topic that could have saved me hours or days of struggling. Then, someone hits me over the head with the answer which was there all along but hidden in plain sight.

I apologize! The fact that people are trying to run the IE9 Beta and not mention it is mind boggling. See my new signature with the red text.