WestTex

Videowave Crash

Question

When attempting to switch from Storyline to Timeline, I get the error message VideoWave has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program

I have done two complete clean un-install/re-install procedures with all anti-virus/protection software turned off. No change.

Can't find a crash file.

Windows 7 (64 bit)

4 gig memory

19 answers to this question

Most likely it would be your Video Drivers... Go to the manufactures site and see what is up to date.

Keep in mind there are drivers for the Card and Video Drivers. Card driver don't change too often but Video Drivers change almost monthly. And none of these are ever included in Windows updates...

The uninstall procedure I used is exactly as outlined in the Roxio Knowledgebase Article 000207CR. All Norton AV & Internet Security software was turned off. To do the actual uninstall I used the Revo Uninstaller software in the Advanced Mode. When I re-installed all msconfig startups were still off along with Norton. That was still the case when I downloaded and manually installed the Service Pack 1.

Dell Studio 540 Win 7 Home Premium (64 bit)

Core 2 Duo E7600 3.06GHZ w/4GB Ram

ATI Radeon HD 4350 512mb

Nothing in the Roxio procedure about using a Reg Cleaner…

No telling what that has done :o Some of us use Revo but only in Moderate setting.

Your best bet at this point would be to Call Roxio and explain your problem and what you have done.

If you have a Restore Point far enough back, you could try that.

I'm not saying this is a problem but only that it is what worked for me.

Do you by chance have Sp1 installed when VW stops working?

The reason I ask is that every time I install sp1 for Creator 2011 VideoWave gives me that same error.

I haven't been able to figure out why yet.

I just uninstall and leave it without sp1 and it works just fine.

Like I said I'm not saying there's a problem with sp1 just that not using it stops the error for me.

Received a reply from Rose in Customer Care. She suggested that the culprit might be Internet Explorer 9 (Beta) and that the removal of it would solve the problem. She was right. Rolled IE9 back to IE8 and VideoWave works fine, now. I really appreciate her input and all the helpful replies here on this forum. Thanks!!

• Like 1

Received a reply from Rose in Customer Care. She suggested that the culprit might be Internet Explorer 9 (Beta) and that the removal of it would solve the problem. She was right. Rolled IE9 back to IE8 and VideoWave works fine, now. I really appreciate her input and all the helpful replies here on this forum. Thanks!!

Why did you tell us you were running experimental software in the first place!

Everyone knows IE9 won't work with 2011…

Truth is that, in reply to your question as written, I did not inform anyone about using "experimental software". The reason being that no one bothered to ask.

And it's obvious that not everyone is aware that "IE9 won't work with 2011". And, further, I refuse to consider myself a fool for not knowing.

As I said before, I appreciate all the 'helpful replies on this forum'.

Truth is that, in reply to your question as written, I did not inform anyone about using "experimental software". The reason being that no one bothered to ask.

And it's obvious that not everyone is aware that "IE9 won't work with 2011". And, further, I refuse to consider myself a fool for not knowing.

Remember to report the problem to Microsoft; that is the purpose of the Beta software release.

I agree with you! Which part of us is considered "everyone" because I would liek to think I am part of that group, and i didnt know either ;) have a good one!

I agree with you! Which part of us is considered "everyone" because I would liek to think I am part of that group, and i didnt know either ;) have a good one!

If you do not fully understand the risks and responsibilities that go with any Beta Software, you should not be loading it onto your PC...

Now you know!

In general I have not been an early adopter type, and not of beta software. But as a former programmer, I am curious as to why and how a browser can cause apps developed by a different manufacturer to fail. What is the nexus between MSIE and RoxioC2011? Are there common DLLs or anything else they share?

Or, as I suspect, is the connection between MSIE 9 and C2011 failure inferred only from adventitious trial and error, and presumption that there must be a mysterious and undiscoverable nexus?

In general I have not been an early adopter type, and not of beta software. But as a former programmer, I am curious as to why and how a browser can cause apps developed by a different manufacturer to fail. What is the nexus between MSIE and RoxioC2011? Are there common DLLs or anything else they share?

Or, as I suspect, is the connection between MSIE 9 and C2011 failure inferred only from adventitious trial and error, and presumption that there must be a mysterious and undiscoverable nexus?

I'm not a programmer but I do think there are common .dll in use. You must have IE installed to properly run the application just as you need Quicktime installed to work with Apple type video files.

There is empirical evidence that the program relies on the acceptable IE version. Way back when, EMC 7 and 7.5 (at least) were rendered useless when IE 8 and/or WMP 6 (?) updates were installed. Rolling those back reactivated those versions. Now, with IE9 Beta, at least 3 or 4 people who have had a problem and then rolled back were able to reactivate Creator.

As a programmer, you should also know that Beta versions of anything have bugs that need to be ironed out before it is ready for general release.

I only run Beta on a separate OS on a different HDD!

Should it break, I format the drive and start anew…

You should also realize that "Windows Restore Points" are only there to protect the Windows OS!!!

Should Beta Software cause damage or loss of your Data, a Restore point will do nothing to help that!

Personally I never load anything from MS that is Beta or RC!

Beta is for experienced PC buffs who are not troubled with a complete loss of a HDD. It is not for the inexperienced who think they are getting something new and cool and would be devastated if their HDD was trashed…

As a programmer then you should be aware that Internet Expolrer is embedded into the operating system - change that and you change the OS.

It HAS been giving problems and these should be passed to Microsoft - it's THEIR software that's causing it (but that's the point of beta testibng - you report ALL problems to the company producing the beta)

I just checked and I did download IE 9beta just about the same time Video Wave 12 stopped working. How do I remove IE 9Beta? I cannot find access to backdate it.

I just checked and I did download IE 9beta just about the same time Video Wave 12 stopped working. How do I remove IE 9Beta? I cannot find access to backdate it.

Google is your friend!;).