• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

rufus

Ideal Photo Size

Question

Hi.

Recently I posted a question in this discussion area about the maximum view time of a DVD. The answer seems to be about 1 hour. Another question, perhaps related, has occurred to me.

Generally what I do is bring a lot of photos into Slideshow Assistant, then moved it (after saving it) to VideoWave where I add one or more short pieces of video and some audio, and then save the file. In MyDVD I create a production using one of the menu systems, save it, and then burn it. (I have never used an ISO file because I didn’t know anything about it, but will soon begin to look at that.)

My questions relates to the photos. Is there an ideal size for the photo to be included in the production? A maximum size? Minimum size? Would an ideal size be somewhere near the average of maximum and minimum? The size of my photos, as they come from the camera, is 2592x1944 at 180ppi.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Hi.

Recently I posted a question in this discussion area about the maximum view time of a DVD. The answer seems to be about 1 hour. Another question, perhaps related, has occurred to me.

Generally what I do is bring a lot of photos into Slideshow Assistant, then moved it (after saving it) to VideoWave where I add one or more short pieces of video and some audio, and then save the file. In MyDVD I create a production using one of the menu systems, save it, and then burn it. (I have never used an ISO file because I didn't know anything about it, but will soon begin to look at that.)

My questions relates to the photos. Is there an ideal size for the photo to be included in the production? A maximum size? Minimum size? Would an ideal size be somewhere near the average of maximum and minimum? The size of my photos, as they come from the camera, is 2592x1944 at 180ppi.

Thanks.

Photo file size really is irrelevant since they are all "converted" to the DVD standard resolution of 720x480. Some poster have reported problems with extremely high resolution photos but I have never experienced any. UNless you are printing large sized photos or doing a lot of zooming into the photos, high resolution is really a waste of storage space.

Why are you using the Slideshow Assistant? It is really not necessary. Start with Videowave right away to create your slideshow project.

BTW, the max time of 60 minutes for a standard DVD only applies to the High Quality setting. You can get longer videos on the DVD using one of the other settings or using the iso route.

Why are you using the Slideshow Assistant? It is really not necessary. Start with Videowave right away to create your slideshow project.

I start with Slideshow Assistant because I find it much easier to rearrange the order of the imported photos in Slideshow Assistant than Videowave.

I will begin exploring ISO in the near future. (I just ordered Creator 2011.)

Thanks for your reply.

You could resize images to 720x480 , but this is not ideal if you want to use any pan/zoom or effects. The images could become pixelated if you zoom in too much. That wouldn't happen with larger images.