• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Audio From Quick Time Mov

Spiz

Question

Hi All,

I am using a Kodak HD digiatl Video camera. It can record in HD up to 1080p res.

I have copied the clips to my Hard drive and have imported the clips into Video Wave 09 using the Media selector.

The cilp play fine in Quick Time Player or iTunes, but when played in Video Wave, there is no audio and the pictures play back a little jerky almost as if they are lightly strobed.

Any ideas please?

many thanks,

Spiz

15 answers to this question

I'm having similar troubles with ".mov" video files Spiz. Below is the mail I sent to customer support this morning. I hope they'll supply a solution. Kodak is a popular portable HD recording device, and I'm kinda shocked Roxio can't handle their .mov format........

Hi Folk's,

I recently purchased a Kodak Z-i8 digital camcorder that records in ".mov" format.

When I try to do a video clip compilation in videowave I lose the audio in the finished video file.

It doesn't seem to matter if I add transitions or not. The audio simply disappears.

What am I doing wrong? I tried to export in several different formats and still NO audio!

Is there a way to do a video clip compilation and retain the original audio?

Please Help!

Thanks, Tom Butler

Hi All,

I am using a Kodak HD digiatl Video camera. It can record in HD up to 1080p res.

I have copied the clips to my Hard drive and have imported the clips into Video Wave 09 using the Media selector.

The cilp play fine in Quick Time Player or iTunes, but when played in Video Wave, there is no audio and the pictures play back a little jerky almost as if they are lightly strobed.

Any ideas please?

many thanks,

Spiz

I'm having similar troubles with ".mov" video files Spiz. Below is the mail I sent to customer support this morning. I hope they'll supply a solution. Kodak is a popular portable HD recording device, and I'm kinda shocked Roxio can't handle their .mov format........

Hi Folk's,

I recently purchased a Kodak Z-i8 digital camcorder that records in ".mov" format.

When I try to do a video clip compilation in videowave I lose the audio in the finished video file.

It doesn't seem to matter if I add transitions or not. The audio simply disappears.

What am I doing wrong? I tried to export in several different formats and still NO audio!

Is there a way to do a video clip compilation and retain the original audio?

Please Help!

Thanks, Tom Butler

Assuming that you have the latest version of Qiucktime on your computer --

1) Try renaming the file to mp4 from mov. (Ask if you don't know how).

2) Download and use "Any Video Converter" (free) to convert the mov files to mpg2.

No help from Roxio product support. They say I have a "legacy" product they no longer support.

If I find a solution I'll post it.

Assuming that you have the latest version of Qiucktime on your computer --

1) Try renaming the file to mp4 from mov. (Ask if you don't know how).

2) Download and use "Any Video Converter" (free) to convert the mov files to mpg2.

Bruce, the "any video converter" sknis suggested worked!

Thank you so much sknis!

It's not a perfect solution for me (yet) but it is a solution, so thanks.

I converted my .mov video to a simple .wmv video, and I was able to do the video compilation I wanted to do.

I lost my [HD] quality but the audio actually sounds better now.

So, how to I convert with the converter and retain HD quality?

Thanks to you both for helping. Great information that I hope will help others with similar circumstances.

Best, TB

First, post what happened when you followed the steps that sknis suggested.

Bruce, the "any video converter" sknis suggested worked!

Thank you so much sknis!

It's not a perfect solution for me (yet) but it is a solution, so thanks.

I converted my .mov video to a simple .wmv video, and I was able to do the video compilation I wanted to do.

I lost my [HD] quality but the audio actually sounds better now.

So, how to I convert with the converter and retain HD quality?

Thanks to you both for helping. Great information that I hope will help others with similar circumstances.

Best, TB

Why did you convert to wmv instead of directly to mpeg2? You had to go through another conversion process where you may have lost more quality.

Also, did you try changing the extension from mov to mp4?

Edited by myguggi

Thanks, I have since made a MPEG-II conversion. Better than my previous WMV conversion but still not really up to snuff.

If I may ask, how would I change the extension as you desribe on a Windows Vista OS?

I'm hoping I can avoid buying some sort of fancy conversion software :(

Why did you convert to wmv instead of directly to mpeg2? You had to go through another conversion process where you may have lost more quality.

Also, did you try changing the extension from mov to mp4?

Thanks, I have since made a MPEG-II conversion. Better than my previous WMV conversion but still not really up to snuff.

If I may ask, how would I change the extension as you desribe on a Windows Vista OS?

I'm hoping I can avoid buying some sort of fancy conversion software :(

I think all they are saying is right click the file and rename it with the mp4 extension rather than the mov extension. It does work for a fair number of users.

I think all they are saying is right click the file and rename it with the mp4 extension rather than the mov extension. It does work for a fair number of users.

DeltaD, take the time to read and understand what is posted. You seem to be getting 1/2 the information. Are you in outline mode or standard mode when you are reading this forum?

One thing more. You have to select to show known file extension using Windows Folder options.

Open the folder where you have you video and then select tools, then folder options and then view. Scroll down through the list and uncheck as shown below.

By the way, unless you are making a blu-ray disc or an AVCHD disc, all your videos will be burned as standard definition (740 by 480). In both cases you would need a blu-ray DVD player. Do you have a blu-ray player and are you interested in making high definition discs?

post-58-057511900 1287572088.jpg

Sknis, I had to go into my control panel to make the folder changes you suggested, but it did work.

You're a genius!

I'd never would have figured that out on my own, so thank you.

I'll continue tweeking later, but suffice it to say, all you guy's have been VERY informative:)

(Roxio should have you on the pay roll)

DeltaD, take the time to read and understand what is posted. You seem to be getting 1/2 the information. Are you in outline mode or standard mode when you are reading this forum?

One thing more. You have to select to show known file extension using Windows Folder options.

Open the folder where you have you video and then select tools, then folder options and then view. Scroll down through the list and uncheck as shown below.

By the way, unless you are making a blu-ray disc or an AVCHD disc, all your videos will be burned as standard definition (740 by 480). In both cases you would need a blu-ray DVD player. Do you have a blu-ray player and are you interested in making high definition discs?

Sknis, I had to go into my control panel to make the folder changes you suggested, but it did work.

You're a genius!

I'd never would have figured that out on my own, so thank you.

I'll continue tweeking later, but suffice it to say, all you guy's have been VERY informative:)

(Roxio should have you on the pay roll)

So you were able to get those mov files to have audio after you changed the extension? Please confirm.

Yes, I've got the audio too.

Now I'm wondering if I can "batch" change the extensions on like 50 .mov video clips?

If not, I'll tediously address one at a time.

I'm not sure Windows will allow you to do that but "Any Video Converter" will batch change the video to mpg2.

Thanks, I'm really liking the "Any Video Converter." I completed my video clip compilation that got me started on this thread to begin with, thank's to ya'll. I burned to DVD one copy in .mp4 format(simple file extention change to.mp4), and one converted thru "AVC" to mpg2. For some reason the audio is at least 50% better on the mpg2 version. I'm not complaining about that. I kinda like knowing it's another option. Both were edited thru Roxio Videowave and look really good on my TV. All the advice here solved my problems as far as I can tell. Plus, now I know where to come if/when (probably more like "when) I have further issues:)

I'm not sure Windows will allow you to do that but "Any Video Converter" will batch change the video to mpg2.