• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vhs To Dvd

salmagal

Question

hi have just insalled roxio video capture and keeps telling me no video signal the device has red yellow black and white plugs but my video recorder has only 2 outlets one yellow video outlet and one white audio outlet no red can anyone help please salmagal thanks

8 answers to this question

hi have just insalled roxio video capture and keeps telling me no video signal the device has red yellow black and white plugs but my video recorder has only 2 outlets one yellow video outlet and one white audio outlet no red can anyone help please salmagal thanks

Plug the yellow to the yellow, and the white to the white.

Double check to make sure they are outputs. If they are located on the front of the VHS player, then they are inputs.

You may have a single stereo port for audio. Come out of that port, go to a splitter and then to the audio ports on the device. I assume you are using the Roxio USB device and it is properly installed with the drivers current. How old is that VHS player? Is it mono only? What is the make and model number?

While you are at it, please post some info a=bout your computer (at least make and model).

Do you have any kind of device between the VHS player and the USB device?

yes connections are in the front quite an old video toshiba videoplus model V252UK laptop is e machine windows vista would be grateful for any help thanks salmagal

If you use those same connections and connect it to a TV, do you have picture and sound?

Are you indeed using the Roxio USB device for Creator 2011. An earlier one may not work. If you look at Windows Device Manager, do you see the USB device listed there (I thinik two times).

sknis hi there have just tried connections to tv still have picture and sound can still get both picture and sound on video and tv just checked roxio i have just bought on saturday and it appears to be april 2009 thanks salmagal

Answer the last question in post #6 " If you look at Windows Device Manager, do you see the USB device listed there (I thinik two times)."