• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave

apcipriano

Question

Hi all! I'm having a really huge problem with and a certain DV AVI file while editing in Videowave. After selecting it and then using the scene detection option and the getting a breakdown of files and pressing the "ok" button, that file disappears and instead my media file opens up in the top right window with music files and video files but not the one I was working on. As a result I now have to select the whole file to insert into the panel and then chop that up by editing, copying, editing, copying, panel by panel! What's happening here? I don't have this problem with other AVI files which are in the folder as this one and were "captured" in the same session initially? Should I re-capture this file? It doesn't seem to be corrupted and I can view it without problems as well as scene detect but that'a about it. Thanks for your suggestions!

apcipriano

12 answers to this question

Hi all! I'm having a really huge problem with and a certain DV AVI file while editing in Videowave. After selecting it and then using the scene detection option and the getting a breakdown of files and pressing the "ok" button, that file disappears and instead my media file opens up in the top right window with music files and video files but not the one I was working on. As a result I now have to select the whole file to insert into the panel and then chop that up by editing, copying, editing, copying, panel by panel! What's happening here? I don't have this problem with other AVI files which are in the folder as this one and were "captured" in the same session initially? Should I re-capture this file? It doesn't seem to be corrupted and I can view it without problems as well as scene detect but that'a about it. Thanks for your suggestions!

apcipriano

Is this what you are doing (link)?

Edited by sknis

Yes.The problem happens after I click "ok" after automatic scene detection is done and then the "media" file opens up with, in my case, audio files and the other avi files. When I go back to the selected file I wanted to subdivide using "auto detect" there are no changes to it. It's like starting over with it again! Funny all the other AVI files will be fine using auto secene detect. The AVI file, by the way, runs nearly an hour long and I don't know if that has anything to do with the fact that I'm getting this issue. I can view it in preview and it runs fine as well as can be dragged to a frame in storyline. That leads me to have to "chop" it up, scene by scene, in edit on that level which is very tedious and time consuming, something the autoscene detect feature is designed to elminate! Thanks for your kind response.

apcipriano

Yes.The problem happens after I click "ok" after automatic scene detection is done and then the "media" file opens up with, in my case, audio files and the other avi files. When I go back to the selected file I wanted to subdivide using "auto detect" there are no changes to it. It's like starting over with it again! Funny all the other AVI files will be fine using auto secene detect. The AVI file, by the way, runs nearly an hour long and I don't know if that has anything to do with the fact that I'm getting this issue. I can view it in preview and it runs fine as well as can be dragged to a frame in storyline. That leads me to have to "chop" it up, scene by scene, in edit on that level which is very tedious and time consuming, something the autoscene detect feature is designed to elminate! Thanks for your kind response.

apcipriano

Do you see a small down arrow on the bottom right of the file? Click on that.

What arrow? And I'm using IE8.

Yes. I'm using the procedure as shown in the video. I might have something corrupted here. The problem started when I auto corrected the color on one frame. Before that the AVI file which was auto scene detected would open up to individual frames. After I did the autocolor thing, problems began. I wonder if I have to start this project all over again as a new production? The other alternative is to chop up the AVI file, frame by frame in Storyline via the editing tools.

Yes. I'm using the procedure as shown in the video. I might have something corrupted here. The problem started when I auto corrected the color on one frame. Before that the AVI file which was auto scene detected would open up to individual frames. After I did the autocolor thing, problems began. I wonder if I have to start this project all over again as a new production? The other alternative is to chop up the AVI file, frame by frame in Storyline via the editing tools.

I never use the scene detection and prefer to manually determine where I want to split the scenes. You don't use the storyline but the timeline to do this though. If you use scene detection you still have to look at the scenes to see if you want to use it or edit it.

BTW, when you talk about "one frame" are you talking about the panels as seen in the Storyline or the actual frames of the video?

Look up about the thumbnails. You must be in Media tab, not the Folders tab…

You can Select scenes under either tab but they are only usable when you are in the Media tab :huh:

I never use the scene detection and prefer to manually determine where I want to split the scenes. You don't use the storyline but the timeline to do this though. If you use scene detection you still have to look at the scenes to see if you want to use it or edit it.

BTW, when you talk about "one frame" are you talking about the panels as seen in the Storyline or the actual frames of the video?

The panels. If you edit in Timeline, that must be a huge effort cause the AVI file is so large,correct? I thought the advantage of Scene Detect is to chop up the AVI into segments you can then drag down to the timeline or storyline.

Recaptured the AVI file and scene detect works now. HOWEVER, I have a new problem. For some reason, when I add other panels from seperately captured DV files, they won't play smoothly and get stuck. And overlaying these files over the prime AVI file causes the latter to judder and get stuck. I've never had this problem before. All files are AVI files

I'm operating on an Alienware Aurora PC, Intel quadcore processor with 6 gigs of memory, 64 bit operating system, 3.33ghz running Windows 7 Premium. Thanks for any suggestions!

Anthony