Creating A Cd

CluelessinTucson

Question

I am a total computer type novice. I am trying to create music CDs of my wife's Chorale Group to share with family and friends as well as for her use in practicing. I have a digital recorder by Sony, a Toshiba laptop that fits the requirements of the Easy CD & DVD burning program in the red box which I purchased at a local retail store following their advice.

The Problem: Apparently the format of the digital recorder is MP3 (that is what the file is when I transfer it to my computer). I can play the files on my computer and can burn a disc which will play on my computer. However, the CDs will not play in either of my autos (a 2004 and a 2008) nor will they play in my little boom box type CD player.

Question: How can I produce a CD that will be recognized and played by the standard players?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks.

CluelessinTucson

3 answers to this question

I am a total computer type novice. I am trying to create music CDs of my wife's Chorale Group to share with family and friends as well as for her use in practicing. I have a digital recorder by Sony, a Toshiba laptop that fits the requirements of the Easy CD & DVD burning program in the red box which I purchased at a local retail store following their advice.

The Problem: Apparently the format of the digital recorder is MP3 (that is what the file is when I transfer it to my computer). I can play the files on my computer and can burn a disc which will play on my computer. However, the CDs will not play in either of my autos (a 2004 and a 2008) nor will they play in my little boom box type CD player.

Question: How can I produce a CD that will be recognized and played by the standard players?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks.

CluelessinTucson

I don't run the " Easy CD & DVD burning program "

Is there a option to make a Audio CD Project in that software?

Sounds like what you made was an MP3 disc and not an Audio cd.

If you make an Audio cd then the program will change the format of the files when it writes to the disc.Any standard cd player should then be able to play the discs.

If you make an MP3 disc then only players capable of reading mp3's will play the disc.

Look for something like "Create Audio Cd"

In Easy CD and DVD Burning, click on "Audio" in the menu.

Then select "Music Disc Creator"

post-208-055030900 1286920080.jpg

Select the project type "Audio CD". You should be able to drag your music files into the Audio CD pane or use 'Add Audio Tracks' to select them, and the MP3s will be converted by the software to audio tracks. Arrange the tracks in the order you want, name the disc, and burn it.

The Audio CD you burn should be playable in most players, although there are still one or two automobile players which don't like burned CDs.

Edited by Brendon