• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 10.06-10.08 Not Saving To Correct Directory

ToastNYC

Question

Ever since I upgraded from 10.06, my converted items have been saving to the desktop, even though my "Converted Items Folder Location" in Preferences is set to a folder on my startup drive. I tried changing the location to other folders, but they still save to the desktop. Anyone else having this problem?

I still have 10.06 on my hard drive, and it saves to the correct directory.

Edited by ToastNYC

11 answers to this question

Thanks for the advice. I tried trashing the prefs files, but it didn't help. I have to correct what I said earlier - 10.05 and 10.06 are fine, I have problems with 10.07 and 10.08.

I noticed that 10.07 and 10.08 write the file to the desktop, with the show name as the filename. With 10.06, it saves it in the correct location as a file called "DummyAsset.mov" in a folder called "Temporary Items.tmp" while the Export is in progress. I wonder if Roxio changed the way the file is exported.

One note about my setup that may or may not matter - my startup drive is an external Firewire drive.

Anybody else having this problem? Is anybody using an external hard drive as the startup drive and not having this problem?

I just upgraded to Toast 10 and am having the same issue (i.e. not saving to correct directory and only saving to desktop). Did you ever get a solution?

Unfortunately, no. I'm still using 10.06. Since I didn't see anyone else complaining about it here, I thought the problem was specific to my computer. Are you using an external drive as your startup drive too?

The Roxio website lists the following system requirements for Toast 10:

Minimum System Requirements

* Macintosh® computer with a PowerPC™ G4, PowerPC G5 or Intel® Processor. PowerPC G5 or Intel processor required for encoding and viewing high definition content “If you’re using Mac OS X v10.4, click here for more information about Toast 9 Titanium”

* CD, DVD or Blu-ray recordable drive*

* Mac OS X v10.5.x

* QuickTime® v7.x

* Up to 800 MB free disk space to install all components

* Up to 15 GB of temporary free disk space during usage

* Internet connection required for some functionality

I am note encoding or viewing in HD so I meet the minimum specs.

The Roxio website lists the following system requirements for Toast 10:

Minimum System Requirements

* Macintosh® computer with a PowerPC™ G4, PowerPC G5 or Intel® Processor. PowerPC G5 or Intel processor required for encoding and viewing high definition content “If you’re using Mac OS X v10.4, click here for more information about Toast 9 Titanium”

* CD, DVD or Blu-ray recordable drive*

* Mac OS X v10.5.x

* QuickTime® v7.x

* Up to 800 MB free disk space to install all components

* Up to 15 GB of temporary free disk space during usage

* Internet connection required for some functionality

I am note encoding or viewing in HD so I meet the minimum specs.

Thanks. I was mistaken. It is OS 10.4, not G4 that doesn't work with recent updates to Toast 10. Sorry for the error.