• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What Happened To Advanced Disk Information Tool?

Matt1

Question

I used to be able to test disks for errors with an older version of Roxio (Roxio Easy Media Creator 8, specifically).

And get a lot of other disk info.

Now it seems like this entire tool, Roxio DVDinfo Pro, & some of the other core functionality that used to be there is gone.

I wish companies would notify customers when they change to "selling cars without engines".

Also, Creator 2010 has already crashed on me 2 out of the first 2 times I've tried it, and would only launch if I rebooted.

And wouldn't you know, it failed to make a copy of a home-movie on DVD -- near the end of the project, of course.

I found "help" that said to use an identical disk for both source & destination disk, which is what I did.

Also, I just bought the s/w bundled w/ my HP.com purchase, but it's already obsolete.

Can anybody help?

Edited by Matt1

3 answers to this question

I used to be able to test disks for errors with an older version of Roxio (Roxio Easy Media Creator 8, specifically).

And get a lot of other disk info.

Now it seems like this entire tool, Roxio DVDinfo Pro, & some of the other core functionality that used to be there is gone.

I wish companies would notify customers when they change to "selling cars without engines".

Yes, DVDInfo Pro was only there for one season and now it has gone. Features are added and subtracted, most times without explanation to us users.

If you have some other problems with Creator 2010, just post a message with the details in the forum that best matches the problem, and we'll try to help you with them.

If Roxio is removing features without telling folks, then they're a shady company that I don't want to do business with. Any way I can get my $ back? I bought Creator2010 bundled with my new PC at hp.com. I guess I need to take the matter up with HP?

If Roxio is removing features without telling folks, then they're a shady company that I don't want to do business with. Any way I can get my $ back? I bought Creator2010 bundled with my new PC at hp.com. I guess I need to take the matter up with HP?

If you want money back then you need to see the person/company you bought the things from. If you got a cheap OEM version from HP, then talk to HP about a refund if you can convince them you only bought the software to get DVDInfoPro. DVDInfo Pro is available for $29.95 from its manufacturers.

Roxio, like many other big companies, tries things out in new versions. If the things don't turn out to be wanted or cost too much to license or maintain, or plain just don't work, then they get dropped. There's nothing shady about that.