• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burn Errors Since Update

Adam_W

Question

Ever since applying the recent update my iMac (27" i7) reports errors everytime I try to burn a disc.

The alert says 'media error'.

The batch of media is the same I was using pre-update and is a brand I have always used that has had a very low failure rate previously.

One disc every now and again being bad I understand but when I throw 6 faulty discs in a row over my shoulder there is something wrong.

I've tried slowing the speed down to just x2, that recorded one disc but after that the next discs returned errors.

Anyone else got this happening?

Like I said thsi has only started since applying the latest update.

2 answers to this question

I suggest doing a reinstall of Toast along with trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder. You also might try a burn speed slower than Best (which is the fastest available speed determined by the drive) and do a check with some Verbatim discs.

I suggest doing a reinstall of Toast along with trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder. You also might try a burn speed slower than Best (which is the fastest available speed determined by the drive) and do a check with some Verbatim discs.

Okay, I'll try just deleting the preferences first, see how that goes.

I've tried burning at 2x that worked once or twice.

They are Verbatim discs.