R 6025 Runtime Error

Bassdan

Question

Greetings everyone.

I've been reading these posts for sometime and tried pretty much everything, MS updates, firmware updates, etc.

I am unable to render a DVD iso file from MyDVD. I will either get "8004520c Error while encoding Movie 1" or R 6025 Runtime error visual C++..

The dvd is a bit over the 8.5 gig limit, so I'm forced to use "fit to disk". I'm starting to wonder if that's the problem, so I tried burning an oversize file, thinking copy and convert would shrink it instead. Unfortunately, the burn terminated with "file over the disk size limit' or something to that effect.

I'm pretty much ready to give up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software to no effect, installing the latest MS framework, service pack 1 patch, etc. Nothing seems to help. I'm thinking it could be my anemic Dell GX 620 machine with 1 gbyte ram, and ATI FireMV 2200 video card. Also, I'm running the program on one physical drive and maintaining the video files on another. I had both software and video files on the same drive previously, but moved the program to the c drive upon the reinstall.

I previously used Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 10 Blu-ray SE that came with my Lacie external blu-ray burner. I didn't have as many problems with it, except that it had to convert my mts (with cpi) files to mpg in order to process them. Unfortunately, this created a storage space problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

6 answers to this question

What happens if you use MyDVD and save the image file to hard disk first? Do you still get the error?

Yes. I haven't attempted to write directly to disk. I've tried both creating an iso file, and directly to folder with the same results. The latter gave me error writing movie 1. This time I was able to get by the file size stopping point though. It just seems to stop the project if trying to create an oversized iso file.

Also, I've defragged both drives.

Yes. I haven't attempted to write directly to disk. I've tried both creating an iso file, and directly to folder with the same results. The latter gave me error writing movie 1. This time I was able to get by the file size stopping point though. It just seems to stop the project if trying to create an oversized iso file.

Also, I've defragged both drives.

You have not supplied much information about your project. How long in time is it? Where did the video come from? File size means almost nothing when it comes to video, it is the time length that matters most.

Sorry. I have several videos I've shot with a canon HFS100, in AVCHD, MXP mode (1920X1080), full HD 1080. The files are .mts (mp4, AVC/H.264 )format with cpi data files associated, however, I don't think Roxio uses those. The Project comprises 12 separate movies, most of which are around 8-10 minutes, consisting of 4 or 5 shorter mts files with transitions. I used Video Wave to compile the individual movies, and loaded VW's dmsm files into MyDvd, except for the last two movies, which I compiled directly in MyDvd's Video Vave module. this worked fine in my earlier version. The final output is about 8.6 gigabytes if "same as Original" is selected, which is about 2 minutes over the double-layer DVD limit of 8.5.

The time length of the completed project is about 120 minutes.

Edited by Bassdan

Storage space problem! :blink: Discuss that how much free space do you have on your system drive? That is where you need a lot especially since the project is so long.

Try making the ISO file again without the files you added directly.

Better still, put them in Video Wave and output them to mpg2 for DVD best quality. Then add them to the project.

Instead of making an ISO file, output the DVD project to a folder set at best quality. Anything like fit to disc is not going to give you the best quality for the disc size. If and when it completes, use Video Copy and Convert or Burn Data Disc to copy the folders to the disc.

Come back and let us know how you make out with each of the above steps.

BTW, here are the Kb articlesthat address the R6025 error. Choose the one that best suits your need.

Edited by sknis