• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Picture Files

JohnW10

Question

Old versions of Roxio let me burn jpeg files at full resolution to a CD that was dirctly watchable on my DVD player. My Windows 7 Compatable "Easy CD & DVD Burning" apparently does not. How can I do it? I do not want to turn my slides into a movie or save to a DVD.

Edited by JohnW10

5 answers to this question

Old versions of Roxio let me burn jpeg files at full resolution to a CD that was dirctly watchable on my DVD player. My Windows 7 Compatable "Easy CD & DVD Burning" apparently does not. How can I do it? I do not want to turn my slides into a movie or save to a DVD.

Do you mean that you simply want to burn the jpegs to a CD as data file? Doesn't W7 have the capability to burn data discs? Where are you going to watch the CD? On a TV via your DVD player? If that is a standard TV then the jpegs will not be shown in full resolution.

There was a 'Hi Def' slideshow at one time, wasn't there? It was a SVCD or something like that???

John, is that what you are referring to?

IF your DVD or BD Player will play jpegs on a disc you should be able use the Data portion of your Red Box version to burn them to either a CD or DVD…

If you have an RW disc or two you can try it then make another disc as a DVD Movie, as Brendon suggested, and compare the two for quality on screen.

As Walt mentioned, you might be able to do that with Windows directly but since it does not 'Close' a disc, it may not be readable in all DVD Players…

Thank you all!! Your comments about using the data disc and other help made me think that I should start over very carefully. It turns out that you MUST bring up "Options". I hit "Restore Defaults" and "...use disc for one recording" and started the burn. The CD ejected after burning and it worked on my home theater DVD player. I did not have to finalize disc after the session as it apparently does that automatically. I thought I had done it that way before but apparently not. Thank you for saving me another day of beating my head against the wall!

There was a 'Hi Def' slideshow at one time, wasn't there? It was a SVCD or something like that???

John, is that what you are referring to?

IF your DVD or BD Player will play jpegs on a disc you should be able use the Data portion of your Red Box version to burn them to either a CD or DVD…

If you have an RW disc or two you can try it then make another disc as a DVD Movie, as Brendon suggested, and compare the two for quality on screen.

As Walt mentioned, you might be able to do that with Windows directly but since it does not 'Close' a disc, it may not be readable in all DVD Players…

Thank you all!! Your comments about using the data disc and other help made me think that I should start over very carefully. It turns out that you MUST bring up "Options". I hit "Restore Defaults" and "...use disc for one recording" and started the burn. The CD ejected after burning and it worked on my home theater DVD player. I did not have to finalize disc after the session as it apparently does that automatically. I thought I had done it that way before but apparently not. Thank you for saving me another day of beating my head against the wall!

OK, you really have my curiosity up :lol:

This pic is a Dell OEM version and is very similar to the 10.3 Red Box version…

post-39730-034490500 1287433800.jpg

Is this the burning app and option page you are referring to???

If so, a little FYI. The "use discs for one recording" only applies to DVD discs!

The upper portion are the Settings for CD's. And there the Disc at Once is what you want to set. (although TAO) may work)

Let us know please.