• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Having Problems With Roxio? Tough! If It's A Legacy Product

laceystarr

Question

Roxio does not actively support Creator 2009! It is a bunch of crap to not support your own product that isn't even that old. Buying a Roxio program is a waste of money, because if it doesn't work, they'll just say "that's too bad, but you can upgrade for a cost!"

Read the following, then ask yourself if you really want to waste your money...

"After reviewing your notes, we understand that you're having issues using Roxio Creator 2009 software on your computer.

We would like to inform you that Roxio Creator 2009 software is already considered a "legacy" product, which we no longer actively support. You are welcome to use our KnowledgeBase and discussion forum for the product in question. Please contact our Inside Sales at 1-877-793-7480 from 9am to 6pm EST Monday –Friday to upgrade to our latest release and find out your upgrade options. You may refer on the article below to know more about legacy product."

15 answers to this question

Why not tell us the issues your having and someone here may be able to help.

Well thank you. Sorry to sound so mean...

I am not a computer genius but I think I am o.k. most of the time.

So... When trying to burn a DVD, it says that "No disc burners are available"

It has those other options available, like saving to a set of files, and all that.

I have checked my DVD drive over and over again, and I can burn CDs using other software, just not Roxio.

Thanks for asking. ahhh!

Well thank you. Sorry to sound so mean...

I am not a computer genius but I think I am o.k. most of the time.

So... When trying to burn a DVD, it says that "No disc burners are available"

It has those other options available, like saving to a set of files, and all that.

I have checked my DVD drive over and over again, and I can burn CDs using other software, just not Roxio.

Thanks for asking. ahhh!

Download this the second one # 7 in my signature..>> PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update, .Click here

Make a folder on your desktop, right click, new folder. Download the PX Engine 4.18.16a compressed zip file into the folder.Extract the contents from the zip file with Win Zip/ winRAR, close all open programs and double click the .exe, when it's done reboot your PC, now check and see if Roxio see's your drives..

Download this the second one # 7 in my signature..>> PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update, .Click here

Make a folder on your desktop, right click, new folder. Download the PX Engine 4.18.16a compressed zip file into the folder.Extract the contents from the zip file with Win Zip/ winRAR, close all open programs and double click the .exe, when it's done reboot your PC, now check and see if Roxio see's your drives..

Thanks, I'll do it now...

Hang in there we have other things to fix it.

Leave the px engine in the folder we will need it again.

What operating system are you running?

If you go to my computer do you see all your CD/DVD Drives?

My operating system is Vista. I cannot see my cd/dvd drive at all in My Computer. I went to Device Manager and it has that yellow triangle with the exclamation mark on my DVD device.

:(

My operating system is Vista. I cannot see my cd/dvd drive at all in My Computer. I went to Device Manager and it has that yellow triangle with the exclamation mark on my DVD device.

:(

Go back into Device Manager and right click uninstall next to each CD/DVD Drive, reboot and look in my computer for the drives ( windows will reinstall the drives with the correct windows drivers)? If they are there check Roxio, if Roxio don't see them do the px engine again and reboot, are they showing? If not come back we have one more way to set the Roxio filters correctly.

Go back into Device Manager and right click uninstall next to each CD/DVD Drive, reboot and look in my computer for the drives ( windows will reinstall the drives with the correct windows drivers)? If they are there check Roxio, if Roxio don't see them do the px engine again and reboot, are they showing? If not come back we have one more way to set the Roxio filters correctly.

I did it and now I'm getting the message: Device driver software was not successfully installed.

Do the CD/DVD Drives show in Device Manager?

Re-boot again and watch for device detected installing drivers.

It tried to install the drivers but it said:

"Please consult with your device manufacturer for assistance getting this device installed.

Slimtype DVD A DS8A1H Device Failed"

It tried to install the drivers but it said:

"Please consult with your device manufacturer for assistance getting this device installed.

Slimtype DVD A DS8A1H Device Failed"

This is a HP Laptop running Vista Home Premium?

Had the drive worked with any other software prior to it not working in your Roxio C2009?