• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
jklbus

Dvd_Rm & Dvd_Ts

Question

I recently transferred my old Hi-8 video tapes to DVD-R. This resulted in two folders being created on each disc. A Video_RM and Video_TS with files in each now exists on each DVD-R.

I have been unable to add any of the files in either folder to a project.

Does anyone know how to deal with this issue?

2 answers to this question

No idea what teh Video_RM folder is. I've never seen that. See what files are in the video_ts folder. There should be .vob, .ifo and .bup files. Just copy that to your hard drive and import (Add video or image) into Videowave to edit it.

IF that isn't working, then you may have used a special DVD recorder mode referred to as DVD VR. These are special modes where the disc may not be finalized so the recorder and add more later. Double check the DVD recorder settings to make sure that is turned off or FINIALIZE the disc. I have a LIteOn DVD recorder and it records to DVD+R discs differently than DVD-Rs. Check the manual to the recorder.

Edited by ggrussell

It looks as if you've transferred your tapes to DVD using a Television set-top video recorder. Many of these recorders, especially those with MediaTek chipsets, write an additional VIDEO_RM folder onto the DVD.

post-208-000328000 1287355444.jpg

The VIDEO_RM folder holds files that your recorder machine uses, and you can ignore them. Copy the VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive and use the files in there, as Gary suggested.