• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Make Audio Cd From Dvd

bippie999

Question

14 answers to this question

Select Audio Files as the format in the Convert window. Add the content from the DVD using the Media Browser (with DVD selected with the browser's top button). You can select individual DVD titles or chapters using the media browser. When the tracks are in the main window click the red button to convert them to AIFF. Use those to make your audio CD.

Select Audio Files as the format in the Convert window. Add the content from the DVD using the Media Browser (with DVD selected with the browser's top button). You can select individual DVD titles or chapters using the media browser. When the tracks are in the main window click the red button to convert them to AIFF. Use those to make your audio CD.

THANKS That did the trick. I was able to convert the video file to audio file, and it automatically went to iTunes. then I made a playlist and burned it to a audio CD.rolleyes.gif

Thank you again, this is the Toast forum and your answer solved my dilemma.

Sorry but do not understand these instructions. I have Toast 10, Mac and have a DVD that I want to get the audio from and the DVD is loaded in the MAC. I select convert/audio file/select add but if select Music the DVD I want to burn from is not listed and only my iTunes stuff. If I select the DVD under devices, the audio - it says the Audio_TS is unsupported format and can not be imported. If I select Video, there are bunch of files that I do not understand - .ifo, .vow, etc...Do you know what I am doing incorrectly? I want to be able to have the audio end up in iTunes. Thanks in advance.

Sorry but do not understand these instructions. I have Toast 10, Mac and have a DVD that I want to get the audio from and the DVD is loaded in the MAC. I select convert/audio file/select add but if select Music the DVD I want to burn from is not listed and only my iTunes stuff. If I select the DVD under devices, the audio - it says the Audio_TS is unsupported format and can not be imported. If I select Video, there are bunch of files that I do not understand - .ifo, .vow, etc...Do you know what I am doing incorrectly? I want to be able to have the audio end up in iTunes. Thanks in advance.

You have the correct setting in the Toast Convert window. Now go to the Toast Media Browser window. If you don't see the Toast Media Browser you can open it via the Windows menu. Click the top button of the media browser and select DVD. With your video DVD inserted you will see some text in the lower part of the browser window. Double-click on that text to see the individual video titles that are on that DVD. If you want specific chapters within those titles then double-click on a title and you'll see the chapters. Select the titles (or chapters) you want and add them to the main Toast window (either by dragging them there or clicking the + button). Toast will access only the audio from those titles for you to convert and save to your hard drive.

You have the correct setting in the Toast Convert window. Now go to the Toast Media Browser window. If you don't see the Toast Media Browser you can open it via the Windows menu. Click the top button of the media browser and select DVD. With your video DVD inserted you will see some text in the lower part of the browser window. Double-click on that text to see the individual video titles that are on that DVD. If you want specific chapters within those titles then double-click on a title and you'll see the chapters. Select the titles (or chapters) you want and add them to the main Toast window (either by dragging them there or clicking the + button). Toast will access only the audio from those titles for you to convert and save to your hard drive.

Thanks for the quick reply. Ah I thought you were referring to the MAC media browser. I am very new to Toast. However, this is a purchased DVD from a concert. When I double click to see the tracks, I see a big lock and each track and can not drag it into the Toast window. Can I not burn the audio for this?

Thanks for the quick reply. Ah I thought you were referring to the MAC media browser. I am very new to Toast. However, this is a purchased DVD from a concert. When I double click to see the tracks, I see a big lock and each track and can not drag it into the Toast window. Can I not burn the audio for this?

The lock indicates the DVD is encrypted to prevent copying. We can't discuss ways around this in the Roxio forums.