• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

If I Purchase Creator 2011, How Long Before It Crashes And I Get The Following Advise From Roxio?

NotHappyWithRoxio

Question

"The product you are inquiring about is a legacy product which we no longer actively support. You are welcome to use our KnowledgeBase and discussion forum for the product in question. Please consider upgrading to our latest release..." I want to make sure that I get my money's worth. As I just bought Creator 2009 a little over a year ago and now I cannot bother Roxio to make it work and I have to shell out more money for the new version. Does anyone want to discuss this?

18 answers to this question

You can get "support" here, as suggested by the reply you got from Roxio. Let us know the details of what you're doing, what you've tried, and any other pertinent details that come to mind. (Windows version, processor speed, amount of RAM and disk space...) There's a fair chance the users that inhabit these boards will be willing and able to help!

You can get "support" here, as suggested by the reply you got from Roxio. Let us know the details of what you're doing, what you've tried, and any other pertinent details that come to mind. (Windows version, processor speed, amount of RAM and disk space...) There's a fair chance the users that inhabit these boards will be willing and able to help!

Ok, I'm up for trying...

Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)OS, 2.80 GHz Processor speed, 8.O0 GB RAM (the majority free.)

Here's what I sent to Roxio and the rest of their response below that:

I was having troubles with my Creator 2009 SE (purchased in May of 2009!) having track names follow a rip of a CD so I uninstalled the program. I now have tried to install it numerous times. It appeared to install but would never open. The Roxio logo would appear briefly and then nothing would follow. I uninstalled it the other day again and followed directions to delete all the Roxio files on my computer after that. Now when installing it mention in the process something about "needing Roxio Media Creator 10" to install 2009! Whaaatttt? My wife spent around $100 on this product not to long ago and it is virtually useless to us now. I would appreciate some help in getting it back to working as it was a large $ amount purchase for our family. My OS is Windows Vista, FYI.

...However, you can try the link below that may help you resolved the issue.

Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)

Knowledgebase Article : 000207CR

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000207CR&PARAMS=set-locale=en

So I went to the link and I first deselected all of my startup items. The result is that my computer would not start! I had to reboot in Safe Mode to get it back. Not trusting this I asked for more help and got the same response. I'm sure I've not understood something with their link, but that's what leads to frustration when they give you a solution and nobody then answers questions because the product is too "old." Do you have any ideas, kind sir?

• Like 1

Yes, getting C2009 properly uninstalled in Vista is daunting to say the least. I think some of the folders are hidden so you need to have that option in Windows turned on so you see all of the folders in Explorer.

Unselecting all the items in Startup should NOT keep Vista from booting. However if you turned everything off in the SERVICES Tab, that may have adverse affect. Also when editing the registry, be very precise and make sure you remove the correct entry AND ALWAYS make a backup of the Registry first.

If you still have C2009 installed and having issues, some of us like to use Revo Uninstall. It's a free app that monitors the uninstall and then safely removes files and registry entries. Instead of going through that KB, you can try Revo if C2009 is still installed.

• Like 1

Yes, getting C2009 properly uninstalled in Vista is daunting to say the least. I think some of the folders are hidden so you need to have that option in Windows turned on so you see all of the folders in Explorer.

Unselecting all the items in Startup should NOT keep Vista from booting. However if you turned everything off in the SERVICES Tab, that may have adverse affect. Also when editing the registry, be very precise and make sure you remove the correct entry AND ALWAYS make a backup of the Registry first.

If you still have C2009 installed and having issues, some of us like to use Revo Uninstall. It's a free app that monitors the uninstall and then safely removes files and registry entries. Instead of going through that KB, you can try Revo if C2009 is still installed.

Thanks. I downloaded Revo Uninstaller and ran it just now. It removed what appears to be what was left of the program and in the regsitry. Would I now be able to try and reinstall C2009? If that did the trick I owe you, big time!

The registry should be fine, but double check for left over files to be certain. Make sure Windows is set to show hidden files/folders. Then see if any of these folders are still there:

C:\Program Data\Roxio

C:\Program Data\Sonic

C:\Program Files\Roxio

C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009 (may include "Special Edition" or "Ultimate") C:\Program Files(x86)\Roxio - (x64 bit systems only)

C:\Program Files(x86)\Roxio Creator 2009 (..) - x64

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared

C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\RoxioCentralFX

C:\Users\Username\App Data\Roaming\Roxio

C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\Roxio (x86/x64)

You can safely delete them. Most important is the Roxio Shared where the certificates are. Make sure it's gone. Then reinstall C2009. I use Revo Uninstall a lot, but I stay away from registry cleaners. Some of those are too vigorous and end up removing stuff that's needed.

Edited by ggrussell

The registry should be fine, but double check for left over files to be certain. Make sure Windows is set to show hidden files/folders. Then see if any of these folders are still there:

C:\Program Data\Roxio

C:\Program Data\Sonic

C:\Program Files\Roxio

C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2009 (may include "Special Edition" or "Ultimate") C:\Program Files(x86)\Roxio - (x64 bit systems only)

C:\Program Files(x86)\Roxio Creator 2009 (..) - x64

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared

C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\RoxioCentralFX

C:\Users\Username\App Data\Roaming\Roxio

C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\Roxio (x86/x64)

You can safely delete them. Most important is the Roxio Shared where the certificates are. Make sure it's gone. Then reinstall C2009. I use Revo Uninstall a lot, but I stay away from registry cleaners. Some of those are too vigorous and end up removing stuff that's needed.

Well, I'm still perplexed. I made sure no files were hidden, went to each folder listed you listed and deleted those folders. Restarted and tried to reinstall. Almost through it and the followin message appeared (as it did before on me): "You must install Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 before installing the content." Did I still miss a folder to delete or delete one too many? I appreciate your help. Thanks.

See this KB article. For some reason, I thought you were trying to install Creator 2011, but after re-reading I see it is C2009 SE.

Boy, I'm not having much luck. Downloaded, unzipped and ran the patch and got the message "This is a valid installation. There is no need to clean up!" Tried to install C2009 SE again and got the "You must intall Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 before installing the content." I won't waste your time much more, but any ideas?

Boy, I'm not having much luck. Downloaded, unzipped and ran the patch and got the message "This is a valid installation. There is no need to clean up!" Tried to install C2009 SE again and got the "You must intall Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 before installing the content." I won't waste your time much more, but any ideas?

Thanks for hanging in there. Read/do this (link)

Same link that I posted above that appears to have not worked.

NotHappy - Do you keep Vista updated? Specifically .NET 3.5 SP1 should be installed.

In the Compatibility mode section, uncheck the box that is labeled Run the program in compatibility mode for Windows Vista. Also the install should be run as Admin.

Edited by ggrussell

Does Roxio creator 2011 work on XP? As i'm thinking of purchasing this but i have never got 2009 to load and been told it's a legacy and does this men its useless?

1. Yes

2. No

What is your problem getting C2009 to load?

Does load mean install or open after installing?

Edited by cdanteek

1. Yes

2. No

What is your problem getting C2009 to load?

Does load mean install or open after installing?

Hello. Sorry to trouble you i've given up on C2009 and purchased C2011. And guess what?

Certificate file is missing. I have tried the steps Roxio suggested and when it comes to reset license and time locks nothing happens and not responding appears. Do you think it's my pc or is some thing i'm doing wrong ?

Regards

Hello. Sorry to trouble you i've given up on C2009 and purchased C2011. And guess what?

Certificate file is missing. I have tried the steps Roxio suggested and when it comes to reset license and time locks nothing happens and not responding appears. Do you think it's my pc or is some thing i'm doing wrong ?

Regards

C2011 is rather different from Creator 2009. Please follow that question up in the Creator 2011 forum.