• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD Builder

highland99

Question

When going through the final phase of DVD Builder, I am always presented with an error message (0x80004005). I'm not exactly sure what this error message means, but it also states that the DVD creation process was completed but "with errors".

When attempting to play the DVD, all DVD players that we have tried cannot begin to load the DVD. In other words, the drives search endlessly for something to initially load.

I was initially informed by the manufacturer that I needed a firmware update, but after doublechecking, I have found that I have the latest firmware for my DVD drive.

I also have the latest update for Easy Media Creator 7. (When trying to update the program I'm always presented with the information that no new updates are available.)

The laptop that I'm running is almost brand new (Voodoo) and everything is working perfectly. DVD Builder is the only program that has reported any problems.

After looking through the Knowledgebase, it doesn't report any information on this particular error code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

When going through the final phase of DVD Builder, I am always presented with an error message (0x80004005). I'm not exactly sure what this error message means, but it also states that the DVD creation process was completed but "with errors".

When attempting to play the DVD, all DVD players that we have tried cannot begin to load the DVD. In other words, the drives search endlessly for something to initially load.

I was initially informed by the manufacturer that I needed a firmware update, but after doublechecking, I have found that I have the latest firmware for my DVD drive.

I also have the latest update for Easy Media Creator 7. (When trying to update the program I'm always presented with the information that no new updates are available.)

The laptop that I'm running is almost brand new (Voodoo) and everything is working perfectly. DVD Builder is the only program that has reported any problems.

After looking through the Knowledgebase, it doesn't report any information on this particular error code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Have you tried burning to an image file instead of direct to disc? I've found there are less problems when doing it this way. If you get no errors with the process of burning an ISO, then you can use Disc Copier to burn the ISO to disc. Less coasters this way.

Archived