stan01

Videowave Video Ques

Question

Hi,

I imported a clip to the videowave (using 2010 pro). Is there away to set the clip to play from the ending to the beginning? In reverse order. ie. I have a drawing that I recorded and I want to play it from the ending to beginning...

Thank you,

S

4 answers to this question

Thanks, if you know, could you recommend a good software to do that?

I haven't looked for any software that will do that, but maybe someone will drop in and let us know what software is out there, that will do the "reverse".

You could try this (no guarantees and you will have to experiment)

Required Software:

VirtualDub

AVIsynth

Install both applications and then follow these steps:

Reversing an AVI File

After you get all your applications installed, you need to create an AVIsynth scripts. These are simple text files telling VirtualDub which video you want to reverse. For any AVI source, open notepad and type in the following replacing C:\yourfile.avi with the path to your video:

Reverse(AVISource("C:\yourfile.avi"))

Save the notepad file with .avs as the file extension.

Open VirtualDub.exe and drag and drop your .avs file onto the application window. You can then save the reversed file as an AVI from File > Save As for use in any other application.

Reversing any other Video File

For all non-AVI formats playable in Windows Media Player, you need to use a slightly different method. After you get all your applications installed, you need to create an AVIsynth scripts. These are simple text files telling VirtualDub which video you want to reverse.

For these other video formats, open notepad and type in the following replacing C:\yourfile.wmv with the path to your video:

Reverse(DirectShowSource("C:\yourfile.wmv", 29.97))

For all non-AVI file types you must include the frame rate of the video in order for VirtualDub to properly open the video file. I included 29.97 in this example because it's the most common NTSC frame rate. Other common frame rates include 23.976, 25, and 59.94.

Save the notepad file with .avs as the file extension.

Open VirtualDub.exe and drag and drop your .avs file onto the application window. You can then save the reversed file as an AVI from File > Save As for use in any other application.

Edited by gi7omy