• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Cyoung265

Picture In Picture With Videowave

Question

I'm still learning the software, but I'm trying to have a video playing (say a wrestling match) and I'd like to add a little pop up box to the lower right with a quick replay. I thought it was in the feature to add an overlay but I'm not doing something correctly. Anyone have a moment to help a noob!

PS - Is there a Creator 2011 Dummies book coming out any time soon?

3 answers to this question

I'm still learning the software, but I'm trying to have a video playing (say a wrestling match) and I'd like to add a little pop up box to the lower right with a quick replay. I thought it was in the feature to add an overlay but I'm not doing something correctly. Anyone have a moment to help a noob!

PS - Is there a Creator 2011 Dummies book coming out any time soon?

There is, are you using Video Wave in the timeline mode? Do you have a scene separated that you want to add you will need that? How are you trying to do it?

There is, are you using Video Wave in the timeline mode? Do you have a scene separated that you want to add you will need that? How are you trying to do it?

I may not have been in timeline mode (which could be the issue), however I do have the scene separeted. Basically, I'd like to have the original video playing in retime and a little box appear on the lower right of the screen to play the video of a replay clip. Sorta like having a real time tv show playing and a box comes up to see the last player score a goal, etc. I just can't figure out how to have the box show up and have the video playing in it.

I may not have been in timeline mode (which could be the issue), however I do have the scene separeted. Basically, I'd like to have the original video playing in retime and a little box appear on the lower right of the screen to play the video of a replay clip. Sorta like having a real time tv show playing and a box comes up to see the last player score a goal, etc. I just can't figure out how to have the box show up and have the video playing in it.

In the timeline mode, put your main video on the main track. Then simply add your secondary video on the overlay track. Double-click on the video in the overlay track to open the overlay editor. Select the video in the Preview window and using the corners adjust the size of the overlay video. Using the settings window, you can use other effects such as fadin/out, scrolling, etc.