• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How do I clean up my movie sound w/ Sound Editor?

Kevin Sharp

Question

This may be a super basic question, but I have given up trying to solve it.

I want to clean up the audio on various clips from my VW production in Sound Editor. What's the procedure? Do I have to load the clips individually, or transfer the entire production?

I can't even figure out how to open SE just to look at the features!

I'm using EMC 8 Suite.

7 answers to this question

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this. You will have to extract the audio from the video to a WAV file. Edit that file in Sound Editor.

Create a Videowave project

Add your video

mute the native sound

and add the edited sound file back to the another track

This will make keeping everything in sync difficult if you need to do more editing.

I'm not sure Gary, as I haven't used my EMC8 that much yet. But if the OP added the audio clips when he was making the production in VW, can't he just use those same audio clips, say one at a time, and enter each in Sound Editor to edit it, save it and then enter the edited audio sound back into VW ?

Frank...

How would I save the entire prod track as an audio file? And since I don't need to fix sound on EVERY panel, just a few, could I extract only those?
As far as I know, there is no way to extract the audio from a 'detected scene' or a single panel (unless that panel is a single video file itself). You must extract the audio from the entire video file.

Frank - he is talking about the native audio that is contained in the video file. Not audio he added form a separate file.

All the clips are saved as separate scenes, so it's no problem to go through and extract the audio from the ones I need.

If I do that, what's the procedure to get them into SE (which I haven't even been able to find yet), and then back again?

Thanks!!!!

Use Media Manager to extract the audio from the clips needed. Save as WAV to keep the quality. Sound editor can open and save WAV. You should have a link on the Start Menu.

Start->Programs->Easy Media Creator 8->Audio->Sound Editor

When you open Videowave, add the video clips.

When you add the audio file, you should get a dialog box asking which track to add it to. Any audio track will work fine.

O.K. Gary, I got the picture now. I was thinking along a completely different line. And I can see that your suggestion sounds like the one the OP is looking for. As a matter of fact, I printed it out for future reference myself. :) Thanks for setting me straight Gary,

Frank...

Archived