• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Looking for Toast 5 updates for OS 9.2.2

Mark

Question

Hi- Does anyone know where I can get the updates to Toast 5? They're not on Roxio's site, and I haven't seen them elsewhere on the Net (save for s0me post-5.2 updates on mac.softpedia.com that require earlier updates first.)

My problems is that I can't get Toast 5 to recognize a Plextor USB CDRW burner (24/10/40U) on an iMac G3 running MacOS 9.2.2. The system does recognize that the drive is there.

I did turn off certain extensions that I read about on various forums-- such as FireWire authoring and a few others. Still no luck.

I'm wondering if I update Toast to 5.x, maybe I can get it to recognize the drive.

Don't you just love legacy equipment??? :)

1 answer to this question

I don't know where you can get the updates except possibly from someone you know who has a copy. Your problem does sound like the common extension conflict between Toast 5 and Apple's disc authoring extensions. I suggest choosing the base extension set in Extensions Manager (which disables Apple's authoring extensions) and then enable the Toast CD Reader and USB extensions. The last OS 9 version of Toast 5 was 5.2.1 which had three Toast USB extensions to support USB drives. There were/are external drives that include Toast 5 Lite so that's another place to look for a copy. A friend with either a PC or Mac may have a copy of that on the software disc that came with their external drive.

Archived