Undesired Looping In Toast 10

rpierce

Question

Hi all. I'm new to Toast 10 and Blu-ray authoring, but not new to DVD-5 authoring in DVDSP. Anything I have authored with Toast, since I don't use their menus, ends up looping back to the start and begins all over again. People have hinted (on this forum) that there is a fix for this, but I haven't been able to find it. Can anyone help me get around this (relatively minor) Toast defect? Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I'm not sure it's a defect. The easiest workaround is for you to create a Toast menu and select the auto-play disc on insert and uncheck continuous play. At the end of the video the player to display the menu. If you choose a text menu such as Arabesque and make the background and text black it might even look like a blank screen. I know that MyDVDEdit can modify the IFO information on video DVDs (although I don't know what change is needed to tell the player to stop at the end of a video when there is no menu), but I don't know of a similar application for modifying Blu-Ray discs.