• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help! Why I Get This Message?

WsTan

Question

13 answers to this question

Destop

windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Did you do a Custom install or a automatic install of the video driver? It looks like the 3D part of the driver didn't install properly. Try reinstalling again is all I can suggest.

Arer you using multiple monitors? Is there something unusual or special about your set up?

I am having the same issue with a GTX 470. I am using 260.99 WHQL drivers, a clean install. Also win7 64 ultimate.

This notice is new, when I first setup this video card I had one monitor and this did not happen, doing a graphics test resulted in hardware rendoring and the 3D functions worked properly. This did not show up untill after I added a second monitor. Is having the second monitor hurting the performance enough to drop 3D support and change the rendoring to sftware instead?

I am going to try another clean install of my video drivers with both monitors attached and see if this changes anything.

Thanks

I am having the same issue with a GTX 470. I am using 260.99 WHQL drivers, a clean install. Also win7 64 ultimate.

This notice is new, when I first setup this video card I had one monitor and this did not happen, doing a graphics test resulted in hardware rendoring and the 3D functions worked properly. This did not show up untill after I added a second monitor. Is having the second monitor hurting the performance enough to drop 3D support and change the rendoring to sftware instead?

I am going to try another clean install of my video drivers with both monitors attached and see if this changes anything.

Thanks

I don't know if the Original Poster is using dual monitors and I don't know of many other people that post here do. What happens if you diable the second monitor? That would be the easiest test.

I don't know if the Original Poster is using dual monitors and I don't know of many other people that post here do. What happens if you diable the second monitor? That would be the easiest test.

i reinstall nvidia driver still same

i dint use dual monitor

Edited by WsTan

For both of you, gohere (NVidia Forum) and post your question. I see some people having issues with the latest driver and with dual monitors.

One person fixed the problem by doing a rollback to an earlier driver and another by doing a "clean install" of the NVidia driver. I don't have an NVidia card so I can't give you directions on how to do that.

Since you both seem to have the same driver, and so far no one else has had the issue, it could well be the card and driver.

Edited by sknis

I removed the latest drivers from Nvidia and went back 1 version to 260.89 after completely removing 260.99 using driver sweeper from here: driver sweeper

Got everything back, computer responds better and faster as well.

Thanks for all the input.

:D I'm glad we got you working again !

WsTan; did you try that?