Toast 10 With The Blu-Ray Plugin

Calsash

Question

4 answers to this question

I'm just making a wild (and probably wrong) guess. Toast can't make it 1080P so 720P is the only choice if the video is to be progressive rather than interlaced. Maybe Toast's HD video encoder only does progressive encoding. I've read there is a slight advantage to 720P over 1080i in that the progressive-scan image looks a little smoother.

Thanks for the reply Tsantee.

My Plasma TV is not progressive (it is 1080i) so would probably not play a progressive 720 or would it? - because the resulting DVD does play in my Blu-ray player and outputs to the TV.

Also Roxio Toast claims that you can get about 20 minutes of HD quality on a standard DVD but 16 minutes at 720 is only taking up 1.71Gb of the 4.37 available on the DVD. This suggest that I could get about 40 minutes on a standard DVD so something is not right?

Edited by Calsash

Thanks for the reply Tsantee.

My Plasma TV is not progressive (it is 1080i) so would probably not play a progressive 720 or would it? - because the resulting DVD does play in my Blu-ray player and outputs to the TV.

Also Roxio Toast claims that you can get about 20 minutes of HD quality on a standard DVD but 16 minutes at 720 is only taking up 1.71Gb of the 4.37 available on the DVD. This suggest that I could get about 40 minutes on a standard DVD so something is not right?

Your 1080i TV will play 720P video. But I, too, am confused by what you're encountering. Your expectations are the same as mine and I don't know the reason it is not turning out that way. Maybe someone with hands-on Blu-ray experience can help both of us out. Help!