• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

edjomoto

Dvd-Rw Wrong Discs?

Question

I have just installed Creator2011 on Widows XP and am pleased with the results of small clips from my very basic digital camera. I have burned these to DVD+R 1-16x speed but they only take up a fraction of the available space. I tried to burn the same clip to DVD-RW x4speed (the only RW speed I have managed to find) but I get Failed to burn Extended error 0x80041024. I also tried burning photos to this RW but got the same error message. Is there a RW disc that should be used for this task? Thanks in anticipation.

6 answers to this question

Speed should have nothing to do with anything…

Put one of your RW’s in the drive and using the Roxio home app, under Tools – Get Disc Info, what does it have to say about your discs???

What is the brand of disc? hint: if it says Memorex, you may want to store them in the trash can ;)

Speed should have nothing to do with anything…

Put one of your RW's in the drive and using the Roxio home app, under Tools – Get Disc Info, what does it have to say about your discs???

What is the brand of disc? hint: if it says Memorex, you may want to store them in the trash can ;)

Get Disc Information is a limited tool that doesn't show a disc manufacturer..

They never say Memorex..

post-97-080723500 1288544122.jpg

post-97-036269100 1288544138.jpeg

post-97-006145600 1288544148.jpg

if you need info on that DVD-rw and/or your Burner's supported speeds, use the freeware util 'DVD identifier' , even though the developer apparently stopped upgrading it, the latest version available still works fine in my Win7 system.

This utility will list the "real" manufacturer of the DVD in question, for instance I bought a bunch of Memorex branded DVD-DL discs, but they are made by Rytek, not the best brand, but not the bottom of the barrel either...

Edited by mackado

Thanks a lot for your time, guys. The only info I can give at present is that both discs were TDK according to the packaging. I will try the freeware you suggest, mackado, and will post results.

if you need info on that DVD-rw and/or your Burner's supported speeds, use the freeware util 'DVD identifier' , even though the developer apparently stopped upgrading it, the latest version available still works fine in my Win7 system.

This utility will list the "real" manufacturer of the DVD in question, for instance I bought a bunch of Memorex branded DVD-DL discs, but they are made by Rytek, not the best brand, but not the bottom of the barrel either...

Memorex bids out the manufacturer to the lowest bidder. They are hit or miss and who wants to see if they have the good ones or the "missed" ones.

Don't take chances get Verbatim or JVC (Taiyo Yuden) for a few cents more. In the long run, you will save money.

Memorex bids out the manufacturer to the lowest bidder. They are hit or miss and who wants to see if they have the good ones or the "missed" ones.

Don't take chances get Verbatim or JVC (Taiyo Yuden) for a few cents more. In the long run, you will save money.

What about the Verbatims I have that show Moser Baer India as manufacturer?:rolleyes:

Moser Baer is the world's 2nd largest optical storage media manufacturer and supplies to the world's top dozen brands. They now make CD-R's for Memorex (2004, 2007–2008), TDK (2004, 2006) and Verbatim (2006-). They used to make CD-R's for Imation (2004–2006) and Staples (2003–2006). The company was founded in New Delhi in 1983. 75% of its revenue comes from exports. Although most of that is from OEM products.[1] Their product range includes floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Moser_Baer

http://moserbaer.com/omd_im.asp

Throwing brand names around means absolutely nothing! Using a disc identifier tool is the only way to find the manufacture of the disc. Then all we have to deal with is fake Manufacture ID (MID)....;)