• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

risk_reversal

Creator 6 - .vob

Yes.

post-208-036015000 1288648635.jpg

But it can't handle AC3 audio.

post-208-017724700 1288648676.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Yes.

post-208-036015000 1288648635.jpg

But it can't handle AC3 audio.

post-208-017724700 1288648676.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Many thanks for your reply Brendon. I must be more stupid than I think as I cannot seem to be able to access the Video Preferences box.

Hint as to where it is please

Cheers

Sorry for the delay. I was doing a system backup and couldn't log into the Invision board through the old I.E. :(

post-208-092546800 1288651221.jpg

Top left of DVD Creator, File button and select Preferences.

I can now see why I do not see that sub-menu and principly because I did not install DVD Builder.

I will go and test that out.

Let me ask you a final question please given that AC3 Audio is a no no with Creator 6.

Will Creator 6 play nice if I also install ImgBurn ie will / can they both co-exist without conflict.

Cheers

ImgBurn should be fine with version 6 - I have it on all my other systems with nary a problem, but I don't keep version 6 on a regularly working system.

Is there some particular interaction with it that you're worried about? I could go and try it out for you if it's important.

Brendon

ImgBurn should be fine with version 6 - I have it on all my other systems with nary a problem, but I don't keep version 6 on a regularly working system.

Is there some particular interaction with it that you're worried about? I could go and try it out for you if it's important.

Brendon

Well when I first got EZCD5, the rule was don't have Nero installed with it. I have never used ImgBurn (as yet ) but I am guessing that when installing ImgBurn, it will add entries to the registry (XP) and more specifically to the Upper / Lower Filter keys.

Although, I like using Creator 6 (suits my needs), I am aware of issues that will cause it to break (WMP, IE) hence me asking the question prior to installing ImgBurn.

If you reckon Creator 6 and ImgBurn will get on ok, I will give it a bash.

I need to copy some old VHS-C tapes to DVD, edit them and reburn in .VOB hence me asking the original question.

Good Luck

Well when I first got EZCD5, the rule was don't have Nero installed with it. I have never used ImgBurn (as yet ) but I am guessing that when installing ImgBurn, it will add entries to the registry (XP) and more specifically to the Upper / Lower Filter keys.

Although, I like using Creator 6 (suits my needs), I am aware of issues that will cause it to break (WMP, IE) hence me asking the question prior to installing ImgBurn.

If you reckon Creator 6 and ImgBurn will get on ok, I will give it a bash.

I need to copy some old VHS-C tapes to DVD, edit them and reburn in .VOB hence me asking the original question.

Good Luck

I have never experienced any conflicts between ImgBurn and any other program. Every program that you install will change the registry. Creator 6 does not break WMP or IE, it is the other way around. WMP and IE (especially IE7 and WMP11) break Creator 6 (as well as a host of other programs).

How are you capturing the video from your VHS tape? You would be much better of first capturing to your hard drive (preferably in the DV avi format), edit that video and then create your DVD.

I have never experienced any conflicts between ImgBurn and any other program. Every program that you install will change the registry. Creator 6 does not break WMP or IE, it is the other way around. WMP and IE (especially IE7 and WMP11) break Creator 6 (as well as a host of other programs).

How are you capturing the video from your VHS tape? You would be much better of first capturing to your hard drive (preferably in the DV avi format), edit that video and then create your DVD.

Thank you for your feedback myguggi as regards ImgBurn and other progs.

I appreciate that all installs will alter the registry in some way (god know I hack all my registries big time). My initial gut feeling was specifically as regards the Upper & Lower Filter keys.

As regards transfering VHS-C to DVD, I went for the easier approach and got a consumer copying device (Toshiba DVR-20KB). I am copying on DVD-R in Video Mode. The resulting DVD's contain a Video_TS folder (only) containing .VOD files, as well as .BUP and .IFO files.

Once I have copied the 80-90 tapes onto DVD, I will be editing and probably using VideoRedo which apparently does not re-encode .VOD after editing and which will also author the DVD.

As a final step, I need to reburn to DVD.

All I have to say is that the various video formats are driving me crazy....................

Cheers

Edited by risk_reversal

Thank you for your feedback myguggi as regards ImgBurn and other progs.

I appreciate that all installs will alter the registry in some way (god know I hack all my registries big time). My initial gut feeling was specifically as regards the Upper & Lower Filter keys.

As regards transfering VHS-C to DVD, I went for the easier approach and got a consumer copying device (Toshiba DVR-20KB). I am copying on DVD-R in Video Mode. The resulting DVD's contain a Video_TS folder (only) containing .VOD files, as well as .BUP and .IFO files.

Once I have copied the 80-90 tapes onto DVD, I will be editing and probably using VideoRedo which apparently does not re-encode .VOD after editing and which will also author the DVD.

As a final step, I need to reburn to DVD.

All I have to say is that the various video formats are driving me crazy....................

Cheers

How does your gut feel now?

post-97-022717600 1288743380.png

This is great! :lol:

I come back from a funeral and all my work is done! Thanks guys.