FSchleyhahn

Converting 4:3 Videowave Production To 16:9

Question

I just finished creating 4 4x3 videowave productions and now have a widescreen TV. I re-created MyDVD Productions for each of the Videowave Files using 16x9, but the videowave productions are still 4x3. Is there a way to convert a 4x3 Videowave Production to 16x9 without having to start over from scratch?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

I just finished creating 4 4x3 videowave productions and now have a widescreen TV. I re-created MyDVD Productions for each of the Videowave Files using 16x9, but the videowave productions are still 4x3. Is there a way to convert a 4x3 Videowave Production to 16x9 without having to start over from scratch?

Thanks

No

Once you start a VW production using 4x3 (or 16x9) it cannot be changed back to a different aspect ratio without starting production from scratch.

Your best choice would be to create 4x3 Mydvd productions using the same 4x3 VW productions , and letting the DVD player (or display) stretch the image to fit your screen, in the setup menu of your DVD player change the "display" mode to "16x9 full", this mode stretches 4x3 images to full 16x9 while leaving 16x9 image/video intact, if your DVD lacks this feature, try changing the display/mode settings in your Wide screen set's menu.....

But remember that the quality of your 4x3 video will suffer once you stretch it to fit a 16x9 screen, it is always better to watch a movie/video in it's original aspect ratio, even with black bars around the image.......

Edited by mackado