• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Sippel

Watching Movies On Tv

Question

We download the movies off of VHC tapes and then are asked to convert. Right now I don't remember what it asked. We have kept it as is and also have converted it and we still can only play it on the computer and not the TV. Can anyone help us?

Thank you

4 answers to this question

I have the same problem. Have sent question to Roxio tech support but haven't received a reply.

At the end of the capture you are given the choice of sending it to Toast or to iMovie. Choose the option to send to Toast if you want to make it into a video DVD. It should go to the Toast Video window with DVD video selected as the format. There you can set up the menu and create your DVD. Check Toast Help and the EasyVHS help for more information.

At the end of the capture you are given the choice of sending it to Toast or to iMovie. Choose the option to send to Toast if you want to make it into a video DVD. It should go to the Toast Video window with DVD video selected as the format. There you can set up the menu and create your DVD. Check Toast Help and the EasyVHS help for more information.

I have done all of that except create a menu. I still get nothing but error on my DVD player. Is it necessary to create a menu to make it play? I have downloaded the update but have been unable to try it again since I used up a whole pack of discs trying to get it to work. I really don't want to buy shares in the disc factory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by nicky2

I have done all of that except create a menu. I still get nothing but error on my DVD player. Is it necessary to create a menu to make it play? I have downloaded the update but have been unable to try it again since I used up a whole pack of discs trying to get it to work. I really don't want to buy shares in the disc factory.

Any help would be appreciated.

When you insert the burned DVD in your Mac does it play with DVD Player? If it does, then the disc is okay. The problem is that your home DVD player is having trouble with burned discs. I just had a client who told me the discs I burned for him didn't play on his usual player, but there was no problem with it playing on a different player. Stuff like that happens. It shouldn't make a difference not having a menu. But I suggest making one with a menu to see if it does make a difference with your player.