Sign in to follow this  
wjhanson

Another 403 error

Question

I am getting the same error. I have done a ton of shows and they all upload just fine. Just this show is having a problem. I am using standard music that has come with the program. I have done all updates on the program. I tried renaming. I tried deleting and recreating the show. I keep getting a 403 error.

I have the same error message with simple photoshow with one MP3. Called cust. svc and was advised to uninstall IE9 and install IE8. Did that...Same issue. Did anyone get a resolution?

15 answers to this question

I have the same error message with simple photoshow with one MP3. Called cust. svc and was advised to uninstall IE9 and install IE8. Did that...Same issue. Did anyone get a resolution?

AMW may have but we will never know because the poster never came back! Where did you get the mp3 file? IS it DRM protected? Do you have a premium membership? How many photos and are there any videos? Are you using the on-line version or the desktop version. If the desktop, redownload Version 6 and install it over what you have and try again.

Whioh 403 error andhere?

Edited by sknis

AMW may have but we will never know because the poster never came back! Where did you get the mp3 file? IS it DRM protected? Do you have a premium membership? How many photos and are there any videos? Are you using the on-line version or the desktop version. If the desktop, redownload Version 6 and install it over what you have and try again.

Whioh 403 error andhere?

I have premium version which is installed on my computer. I had 17 pictures on the photoshow made with my program. Used MP3 I own and also tried music installed. Same results. The error 403 occurs while trying to either post to my member page or email to anyone. I've uninstalled IE9 and reloaded IE8. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I spent an hour with Norton. They unblocked all my programs, uninstalled Norton and got error msg while Norton wasn't loaded. She said it is a Photoshow problem. I have a new HP380T with Windows 7 Home premium and lots of power so shouldn't be the issue. What next?

I have premium version which is installed on my computer. I had 17 pictures on the photoshow made with my program. Used MP3 I own and also tried music installed. Same results. The error 403 occurs while trying to either post to my member page or email to anyone. I've uninstalled IE9 and reloaded IE8. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I spent an hour with Norton. They unblocked all my programs, uninstalled Norton and got error msg while Norton wasn't loaded. She said it is a Photoshow problem. I have a new HP380T with Windows 7 Home premium and lots of power so shouldn't be the issue. What next?

That is all well and good. Did you read the post that you replied to? If so, answer the question. Did you double check the address that you are going to?

Tell me about the mp3 that you own; where did you get it?

Blue text are links just in case you didn't know.

Have you called PhotoShow support? It is different from Roxio support. USe this.

Edited by sknis

I am having the same problem, I repeatedly get 403 error when trying to upload a photoshow using Photoshow version 6 build 722. I'm running IE7 and XP service pack 3. I can upload a smaller batch of 36 different photos but I have tried all you recommend to to load 141 photos without success. This includes with and without music and reloading Photoshow. I have even tried breaking it down into parts with the same result. Anymore ideas please?

peedee

Edited by peedee

I am having the same problem, I repeated get 403 error when trying to upload a photoshow using Photoshow version 6 build 722. I'm running IE7 and XP service pack 3. I can upload a smaller batch of 36 different photos but I have tried all you recommend to to load 141 photos without success. This includes with and without music and reloading Photoshow. I have even tried breaking it down into parts with the same result. Anymore ideas please?

peedee

The build I have is 833. Did you downlaod the latest and install it or did you just install the old build?

It could just be a glich when you tried to upload or an issue with your internet connection. Try removing the cookies associated with PhotoShow and try again after you have updated to the 833 build. What ISP do you have? Is it high speed or dialup?

The build I have is 833. Did you downlaod the latest and install it or did you just install the old build?

It could just be a glich when you tried to upload or an issue with your internet connection. Try removing the cookies associated with PhotoShow and try again after you have updated to the 833 build. What ISP do you have? Is it high speed or dialup?

It is perhaps worth backtracking a bit and offering further explanation. I bought Creator 2010 in mid 2010. It loaded without problem and I was using it successfully up until now although prior to experiencing the 403 errors I had not used it for about 2months. i.e it had been working fine certainly up until November. I had used Photoshow, edited video, and burnt DVDs without problem prior to this.

On starting to investigate the problem I find it strange that I could upload and burn a DVD of 36 photos but not one of 141 photos. In retrospect, I don’t see that this could be due to cookies or any software corruption but I digress.

This is what I did. My first thought was a corruption of the software had occurred and I attempted to repair the software using the repair function provided on the originally purchased software on disc. I encountered an error in that I was advised a file “12.msi” could not be found in C/Temp. Even though I pointed the repair function at another location of this file on the disc, it would not load and I abandoned the attempt and decided to remove Creator and reload it all over again. This I did but found it did not cure the problem and additionally I now had lost access to some of the applications with indications of missing certificates! I did a system restore to an earlier point, this was just as bad if not worse and I cancelled the systems restore. It has been very tedious.

I have now removed Creator 2010 all together and have cleaned the registry, the cache and deleted cookies and will try another install but I am not at all impressed with the product. It is obviously not very stable and certainly the repair function does not work.

I have checked all my applications and drivers. All are up to date and I have upgraded IE to version 8. I have a broadband connection from Virgin cable and I cannot find a build 833 in the download section of the Roxio site!

peedee

Let me take a couple of things I will not be able to address them all.

1) It seems that your issue is more with Creator 2010 than it is with PhotoSuite. It is also possible that your may be confusing programs within the suite. For instance, the free version of PhotoSHow, the premium membership version of PhotoShow, PhotoSuite, Video Wave, Create DVD.

2) You did not say you have the free version of PhotoShow or the one that came with Creator 2010. The one that came with Creator 2010 is the basic version and has a limit on both the number of images you can load and the length of time that they will be on the PhotoShow web site. You cannot load videos. You cannot burn your PhotoShow to disc.

3) If you do own a Premium membership, then you should download build 833 from the PhotoShow site. Log in with the user information and then go to your account.

In summary, it seems that you have tried to make and upload a PhotoShow that exceed the maximum allowed by the free version. I thought the max was 24 but you may have squeezed in a few more or you uploaded them and they will not display. I suspect that you are not using PhotoShow at all.

The image below compares the two, I just captured the top half of the comparison page.

post-58-089300000 1295005903.jpg

If you do have the premium member ship (ca$40 a year), then you have other issues since you would then have the issue with PhotoShow and with Creator 2010.

Start a new thread in the Creator 2010 part of the forum and put in all the information along with all your computer specs. Use thisas a model to give your information but do not copy and paste the information into a quote of the post.

This is a good example of why it is better to start your own thread rather than to threadjack. Obviously people assumed that you has the same software as the person who originally started the thread.

Let me take a couple of things I will not be able to address them all.

1) It seems that your issue is more with Creator 2010 than it is with PhotoSuite. It is also possible that your may be confusing programs within the suite. For instance, the free version of PhotoSHow, the premium membership version of PhotoShow, PhotoSuite, Video Wave, Create DVD.

2) You did not say you have the free version of PhotoShow or the one that came with Creator 2010. The one that came with Creator 2010 is the basic version and has a limit on both the number of images you can load and the length of time that they will be on the PhotoShow web site. You cannot load videos. You cannot burn your PhotoShow to disc.

3) If you do own a Premium membership, then you should download build 833 from the PhotoShow site. Log in with the user information and then go to your account.

In summary, it seems that you have tried to make and upload a PhotoShow that exceed the maximum allowed by the free version. I thought the max was 24 but you may have squeezed in a few more or you uploaded them and they will not display. I suspect that you are not using PhotoShow at all.

The image below compares the two, I just captured the top half of the comparison page.

post-58-089300000 1295005903.jpg

If you do have the premium member ship (ca$40 a year), then you have other issues since you would then have the issue with PhotoShow and with Creator 2010.

Start a new thread in the Creator 2010 part of the forum and put in all the information along with all your computer specs. Use thisas a model to give your information but do not copy and paste the information into a quote of the post.

This is a good example of why it is better to start your own thread rather than to threadjack. Obviously people assumed that you has the same software as the person who originally started the thread.

I did say I had purchased Creator 2010, is this not a whole suite of programs with just a front page? As well as opening Photoshow from Creator I can certainly open Photoshow direct from the Start Menu and from the help menu under “About Roxio Photoshow” it clearly states it is Photoshow version 6 build 722!

My original problem was with just a 403 error, in trying to correct this I encountered further problems. As I said, it did work when I first used it in July 2010 when I uploaded 139 photos with captions and music. I also had no problem in November loading two further but smaller shows. I do have Premium membership and no single photo or video has exceeded 20Mbytes. If I could upload 139 pictures in July why cannot I now? The good news is after a clean install following the forums’ guidelines I have all my applications back but I still cannot burn the show to a DVD from Photoshow’s Share screen. I haven’t tried uploading it yet because I gave up and used the online version to do what I wanted.

In summary I don’t agree with you, there is a problem with Photoshow uploading somewhere.

peedee

Ok, I have just tried uploading 130 plus pictures and I got the 403 error at the end of the upload. I note you would like to know software/machine configurations. Some I have given before but:

I'm running

XP service pack 3

IE8

the latest McAfee anti virus and firewall

Creator2010 verison 1.2.193 SP2 5.0.0.0

Photoshow version 6 build 722

Any ideas please?

Frustrated

peedee

Ok, I have just tried uploading 130 plus pictures and I got the 403 error at the end of the upload. I note you would like to know software/machine configurations. Some I have given before but:

I'm running

XP service pack 3

IE8

the latest McAfee anti virus and firewall

Creator2010 verison 1.2.193 SP2 5.0.0.0

Photoshow version 6 build 722

Any ideas please?

Frustrated

peedee

Please read what I wrote re: PhotoShow. If you have the premium account, log in, go to your account page and download the PhotoShow 6 (build 857) you find there link). There were some problems with the 7XX builds. If you want to argue the point; perhaps someone else can help you.

If you do have the premium account you get free phone support -

1-877-793-7485

9:00 AM – Midnight (EST)

7 Days a week

It is not the same as Roxio phone support.

Other resources : Problems Uploading.

PhotoShow blog.

Edited by sknis

I did load build 857 with the same result but I have just put together an ad-hoc collection of 135 photos and uploaded them sucessfully. I conclude there is something embeded in my original show generated with build 722? Its a pity you did not make it clearer earlier that there were problems with build 7XX!

Thanks for responding and we got there eventually at least I hope so, I haven't tried burning a DVD with 857 yet!

peedee

I did load build 857 with the same result but I have just put together an ad-hoc collection of 135 photos and uploaded them sucessfully. I conclude there is something embeded in my original show generated with build 722? Its a pity you did not make it clearer earlier that there were problems with build 7XX!

Thanks for responding and we got there eventually at least I hope so, I haven't tried burning a DVD with 857 yet!

peedee

I was more worried about the issues you had with both Creator and with the separate Premium membership to PhotoShow. You confused the issue when you complained about both and getting one or the other and not being clear about the premium membership until a couple of posts. The issues in the 7XX builds were with creating video (mpg2 and wav) files and with creating discs. Neither of which you complained about.

Why didn't you go to the PhotoShow site and install the new build earlier? Although that would not have helped in this instance. Are you fromMissouri? :P

I'm glad you got it sorted out. If the PhotoShow was created in the earlier build, it could have been corrupted. Sometimes removing a couple of images just before and just after the corruption and then adding them back in will cure it.

Well I did not realise that there are different builds depending on whether you have premium membership or not. I assumed all control on non premium membership is exercised from the server? I also could not find the upgrade, I was looking on the Roxio support site, not my account and I only got it once I asked for an update check from the help menu. Apart from that it was all working fine until this month. All the problems on Creator were caused by trying to reload it to get rid of the 403 problem. However it remains a fact that the repair function of Creator does not work, it just causes more grief.

The good news is the DVD is burning and I am not from Missouri :D

peedee

Well I did not realise that there are different builds depending on whether you have premium membership or not. I assumed all control on non premium membership is exercised from the server? I also could not find the upgrade, I was looking on the Roxio support site, not my account and I only got it once I asked for an update check from the help menu. Apart from that it was all working fine until this month. All the problems on Creator were caused by trying to reload it to get rid of the 403 problem. However it remains a fact that the repair function of Creator does not work, it just causes more grief.

The good news is the DVD is burning and I am not from Missouri :D

peedee

Please create a new thread in the Creator 2010 Install part of the forum for the issues you are having with Creator 2010.

If you have it installed, then do this (link) followed by uninstalling Creator 2010 (Only - PhotoShow is listed separately), via Revo Uninstallerin the Moderate MODE and then reinstalling with your anti-virus and other malware off; not just paused.

Note that Revo will do a safe registry clean for the selected application. There will be a lot of registry entries that will have to be uninstalled. Be careful and do not remove PhotoShow although it is simple to reinstall.

Ok will do either later today or tomorrow. The key thing is this dialogue has bought out a lot of information which should be useful to others as well as a health warning about taking care how you re-install the applications

peedee