HomeMovies

This Type Of Disc Cannot Be Played

Question

I have burned many DVD projects using MY DVD and have NEVER had a problem playing them in my home DVD player. This time I decided to get more creative and added 3 sub menus and then added my movies within the submenus. I burned my project to my DVD+RW (the same ones I always use) and my DVD player is telling me that I cannot play the disc. If I put the DVD in my computer and open my media player it plays fine. I'm able to select the submenu within the main menu and then select my movie.

This is the first time I've had a problem and I'm guessing it's because of the sub-menus. I tried erasing the disc and re-burning it but I get the same results.

Could it be my DVD player? I have a Panasonic DVD/CD Player DVD-F65 5Disc Changer Progressive Scan. It's more than a couple of years old but it's never given me a problem.

Is there any way I can make this movie work with the sub-menus?

Thanks in advance!!

~Amanda

4 answers to this question

I have burned many DVD projects using MY DVD and have NEVER had a problem playing them in my home DVD player. This time I decided to get more creative and added 3 sub menus and then added my movies within the submenus. I burned my project to my DVD+RW (the same ones I always use) and my DVD player is telling me that I cannot play the disc. If I put the DVD in my computer and open my media player it plays fine. I'm able to select the submenu within the main menu and then select my movie.

This is the first time I've had a problem and I'm guessing it's because of the sub-menus. I tried erasing the disc and re-burning it but I get the same results.

Could it be my DVD player? I have a Panasonic DVD/CD Player DVD-F65 5Disc Changer Progressive Scan. It's more than a couple of years old but it's never given me a problem.

Is there any way I can make this movie work with the sub-menus?

Thanks in advance!!

~Amanda

I don't understand what you are trying to do. Why are you putting the movies on sub-menus?

Explain exactly what you are doing, step-by-step.

I don't understand what you are trying to do. Why are you putting the movies on sub-menus?

Explain exactly what you are doing, step-by-step.

Ok. I open MYDVD. I select 2D DVD. I changed my Menu Style. I clicked on add sub-menu. I title it. Within that sub-menu I add 3 movies. Back on the Main Menu I add two more sub-menus. Within those sub-menus I add more movies.

The reason I wanted to do it: My daughter dances and she has three dances that she competes. I taped her dance classes practicing the dances. I like to keep each dance I taped seperate (instead of pasting them all together).

So I named each sub menu the name of the dance then within that menu I added the movies of her dance.

Thanks!!!

Edited by HomeMovies

It seems to be between your Player and the Media you are using…

The fact it opens and plays on your PC indicates there is nothing wrong with the burn itself.

Try it in another player if you can or just get some good quality media, like Verbatim or Sony and try it on that.

If you look at the disc from tools, get disc information, does it look like this one?

post-97-006726800 1289227404.jpg