• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

'audio Cannot Be Added At This Position'

aiki456

Question

I'm working on a production (Videowave 10) for which I've already added two MP3s on the music track. I am trying to add a 3rd but getting a message stating 'audio cannot be added at this position'. I've tried a number of different things to no avail.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to get around this problem?

Thank you for your assistance,

Frank

Edited by aiki456

6 answers to this question

I'm working on a production (Videowave 10) for which I've already added two MP3s on the music track. I am trying to add a 3rd but getting a message stating 'audio cannot be added at this position'. I've tried a number of different things to no avail.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to get around this problem?

Thank you for your assistance,

Frank

You have not explained how you are adding the audio. We have no idea what you have tried.

Audio can only be added at a position if there is also video at that position. You also have to have the music track selected and the blue cursor at a position where there is no audio yet.

You have not explained how you are adding the audio. We have no idea what you have tried.

Audio can only be added at a position if there is also video at that position. You also have to have the music track selected and the blue cursor at a position where there is no audio yet.

Hi Walt,

I was trying to add it the same way I had added the other two MP3s; i.e. by clicking on Add Background Audio". In the ensuing pop-up, I selected Add to Music Track... that's where I encountered the error message. I'm pretty sure I was positioned correctly in the timeline and I had more than enough video remaining (about 4+ minutes of video for an MP3 that was a little over 3-mins long).

I got around the problem, somewhat inelegantly, by deleting the two MP3s already loaded, clicking Add Background Audio, and selecting all 3 MP3s at once. Lost a bit of work as I had done some front and back end editting on the first two MP3s but it was much better for my mental health to go back and re-edit them than to keep trying to figure out why I simply couldn't add the third one on its own.

Thanks for jumping in to try and help though; I do appreciate it. Have a great night,

Frank

Hi Frank,

I have been adding .mp3s to my video and found that VideoWave is pretty fussy about allowing .mp3s in. There are two easy ways around this:

1. Add an additional music track (use the "Show/Hide Tracks" tab in the production editor). Now you can add your new .mp3 to the new track and edit it as you wish (copy/paste works). If you want, tidy up at the end by copy/pasting the track into a space a bit too big, then stretch it to fit and delete the added music track. The cleanup is optional.

2. Add the .mp3 to the sfx track (assuming you have not filled it with sound effects)and proceed per option 1.

Hi Walt,

I was trying to add it the same way I had added the other two MP3s; i.e. by clicking on Add Background Audio". In the ensuing pop-up, I selected Add to Music Track... that's where I encountered the error message. I'm pretty sure I was positioned correctly in the timeline and I had more than enough video remaining (about 4+ minutes of video for an MP3 that was a little over 3-mins long).

I got around the problem, somewhat inelegantly, by deleting the two MP3s already loaded, clicking Add Background Audio, and selecting all 3 MP3s at once. Lost a bit of work as I had done some front and back end editting on the first two MP3s but it was much better for my mental health to go back and re-edit them than to keep trying to figure out why I simply couldn't add the third one on its own.

Thanks for jumping in to try and help though; I do appreciate it. Have a great night,

Frank

That error message always occurs if you have not positioned the insert point correctly or have not selected the track to which you want to add the track.

Actually I never add the audio tracks to one track but always on alternate tracks similar to what Mark has described. By overlapping the beginning of one song with the end of the previous song and then using the fade out/in effect you can achieve a very good audio sound. Any of the audio tracks can be used for this without even adding any extra music tracks.

Edited by myguggi