Totally New To Toast 10 Titanium

Gogoette

Question

First sorry I'm so new to this. I'll probably have a lot of questions since I not real techy. Most of us seniors are like that. LOL Here is what I'm trying to do.

1. I have a Mac desktop

2. I have not as yet installed my Toast 10 T

3. I want to make sure it will accomplish I want to do before I install.

4. I record directly to DVD discs from the TV, TV News programs that I want to archive for my granddaughter.

5. When I place the DVD I want to copy into my Mac it will automatically show on my desktop.

6. As a Mac user, do I have to do anything special to copy that DVD on a new DVD disc with Toast? (e.g. create a folder etc.)

I think that is all for now. If I can't do that type of copying then Toast 10 Titanium will not accomplish what I need. Thanks in advance for any help you give me.

5 answers to this question

Welcome to the Toast forum.

Toast has a Copy window. Select Disc Copy in the Copy window and insert your source DVD. Click the red "burn" button and Toast will copy the source DVD to a temporary space on the hard drive. It then will eject the source DVD and ask you to insert a blank disc for the copy. You can also instruct Toast to make multiple copies.

There are many other things Toast can do that are much more complicated. Disc copying is pretty simple. By the way, I'm 62 so not quite a senior but getting close.

Thank you so much. I was concerned it wouldn't really work on my Mac and I would have wasted money, thus the reason for not yet installing. Thank you for giving me the step-by-step. The booklet that comes along leaves out some of what you gave me. I want the EASY right now then I'll progress later. LOL Thanks again.

Welcome to the Toast forum.

Toast has a Copy window. Select Disc Copy in the Copy window and insert your source DVD. Click the red "burn" button and Toast will copy the source DVD to a temporary space on the hard drive. It then will eject the source DVD and ask you to insert a blank disc for the copy. You can also instruct Toast to make multiple copies.

There are many other things Toast can do that are much more complicated. Disc copying is pretty simple. By the way, I'm 62 so not quite a senior but getting close.

Thank you so much. I was concerned it wouldn't really work on my Mac and I would have wasted money, thus the reason for not yet installing. Thank you for giving me the step-by-step. The booklet that comes along leaves out some of what you gave me. I want the EASY right now then I'll progress later. LOL Thanks again.

ooops didn't notice you a senior. We're taking over the world. :rolleyes:

ooops didn't notice you a senior. We're taking over the world. :rolleyes:

Hi Gogoette,

Tsantee is correct. I've used the Disc Copy tab on several occasions and it has worked perfectly. I have a friend who uses it to "back up" commercially made DVDs, even. As long as there's no copyright protection on it, it can be copied, and if you don't offer it for sale, it's perfectly legal. He's got two small children who love to watch animated shows, but handle the DVD disc like it's a frisbee. He copies the original disc, puts it safely away from the kids, and uses the burned copy to play on the desktop DVD player.

Good luck with that!

-Jack smile.gif

Hi Gogoette,

Tsantee is correct. I've used the Disc Copy tab on several occasions and it has worked perfectly. I have a friend who uses it to "back up" commercially made DVDs, even. As long as there's no copyright protection on it, it can be copied, and if you don't offer it for sale, it's perfectly legal. He's got two small children who love to watch animated shows, but handle the DVD disc like it's a frisbee. He copies the original disc, puts it safely away from the kids, and uses the burned copy to play on the desktop DVD player.

Good luck with that!

-Jack smile.gif

Thank you. Great idea. Kids just don't know how fragile things can be. LOL I didn't think of commercially made DVD's but that's a good idea too.