wade1953

Is It Possible To Add Transitions Between Video Overlays?

Question

I am editing a production in Video Wave and would like to know if it is possible to add transitions (like a dissolve) between the main video track and another video overlay track. Is it possible to do this? Or do you just have to do straight cuts between a video overlay and the main video track?

Second question: Can you add a moving title track (like a scroll or crawl) on to a video track that has been added as an overlay?

Digital Guru.... Please help!

Thanks so much... WADE

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

I think the content of my previous got deleted... so here comes my questions again:

I am working in VideoWave in Creator 2011 and want to know... IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD A TRANSITION (such as a dissolve) BETWEEN VIDEO OVERLAYS AND THE MASTER VIDEO TRACK.. It seems like you can do hard cut away and back again... but it would be nice to be able to dissolve from the master video track to a video overlay track and dissolve back again. Is it possible to do this in VideoWave... add transitions between video overlays?

Thanks... Step by step instructions for the complete newbie would be much appreciated.

WADE

I think the content of my previous got deleted... so here comes my questions again:

I am working in VideoWave in Creator 2011 and want to know... IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADD A TRANSITION (such as a dissolve) BETWEEN VIDEO OVERLAYS AND THE MASTER VIDEO TRACK.. It seems like you can do hard cut away and back again... but it would be nice to be able to dissolve from the master video track to a video overlay track and dissolve back again. Is it possible to do this in VideoWave... add transitions between video overlays?

Thanks... Step by step instructions for the complete newbie would be much appreciated.

WADE

No, your post did not get deleted, it is still there (2 post down from this post). It is an "empty" post though as there is only a subject line and no text message.

Yes you can have a "transition" between the native video (main) and the overlay video. After you have added your video on the overlay track and positioned it where you want it relative to the native video track. You accomplish this not by using transitions (not possible between native and overlay tracks) but by adjusting the settings for the overlay. Double-click on the overlay and the Overlay Editor should open with 3 Tabs. Select the Motion Tab and then select Still for the Start Path and then select a style from the Style drop-down box. Do the same for the End Path. Using the Fade effects here you can create the dissolve effects you want. You should play around with some of these settings to learn about all the different effects you can achieve with overlays (such as picture-in-picture, etc)

Transitions cannot be added to the overlay track. If you want to have a transition between 2 vidoes on the overlay track you will have to use a separate Videowave project, put the 2 videos on the native track, add a transition between them and then output that project to a new video. You can then use that new video on the overlay track.

You accomplish this not by using transitions (not possible between native and overlay tracks) but by adjusting the settings for the overlay.
Technically, it isn't a transition in the traditional sense. You can't choose anything from the Transtions Tab. But kind of ends up like one. I have no idea why Roxio decided to 'dumb' this feature down. Less flexible than other editors.

Gary and Walt...

I'm going to give this a try. I just wanted to say a big THANKS for sharing your knowledge and experience with all of us who are newcommers. It realy helps to have simple directions. Thank you so much.

WADE

[snip]

WADE

Wade, it is a problem with the Invision webboard. If you accidentally click on the Solved button, and there is only one or two posts, in the thread, the first post disappears. :(

Wade, I merged your earlier topic into this one, and it brought back your post - it's now the first post on this topic, but at least it can be read.

[it's time they turned off that additional Invision fiddle-faddle, it just confuses things!]

Wade, I merged your earlier topic into this one, and it brought back your post - it's now the first post on this topic, but at least it can be read.

[it's time they turned off that additional Invision fiddle-faddle, it just confuses things!]

All in favor say "Aye"---------AYE !!

Frank...