• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Central ripping speed

In XP device manager under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers check primary and secondary IDE channel ( right click properties) advanced settings tab.

Look for Transfer mode on device 0 and device 1. Are any PIO or DMA?

cdanteek

After I go into my computer and into device manager, and then going into the cd/dvd drive properties, there is no dma check box.

I have Win98 SE, and when I go to device manager, and click the CD-ROM image, and right-click on either of the drives, and select properties, under the settings tab, I have the dma check box available.

So I would suspect that whatever Vesion of Windows you have, you do have the DMA option.

Lynn

After a restart, it's still in PIO mode, but dma when available...Whatever that means.

Does it make a difference in which either:

"fraunhofer mp3 encoder, or the coding technologies mp3 encoder" is selected?

I have the latter one selected.

I did notice that the speed fluctuates more now that I changed the dma setting. Instead of staying near 11x, it goes down to about 4x and then back to around 10-11x when it's close to being complete.

after following the steps and uninstalling the secondary channel, and restarting twice, it is now in Ultra DMA mode 2!

I'll let ya know if it made a difference.

That would be nice! Remember the reasons it steps down to PIO mode.

cdanteek

no changes yet in speed

Have you tried a different audio disc. Are they old and scratched that might pickup read errors, and step down to PIO again? Not all disc's rip at the same speeds.

cdanteek

They have all been different cd's, and 95% of my cd's are in great condition.

I don't know about my wife's cd's that she may play, but I keep mine in great shape since I need to.

After my friend reloaded my pc from windows 2000 pro to XP, I say a huge increase in speed...I haden't ripped for awhile(a month or so), and now It is back to what it was with the OS.

I don't know if I've installed something that may drag it down or what, but it just seems odd.

After my friend reloaded my pc from windows 2000 pro to XP, I say a huge increase in speed...I haden't ripped for awhile(a month or so), and now It is back to what it was with the OS.

I don't know if I've installed something that may drag it down or what, but it just seems odd.

I really don't understand the above! Are you good to go, or do we still have a problem?

cdanteek

Archived