Help! - problems with audio music when doing vedio editing

learner

Question

1. I am editing video files and will burn on DVDs. I need to add music as background. When I add first music track, it was okay. After adding the second one, I can hear the music sound when I play the first track. This happened because I trimmed a few seconds of the first track. Do you know why it cannot take the trim?

2. I need to combine two music tracks when doing the video editing. It doesn't allow my to mix the ending of the first track and the beginning of the second track like Windows Movie Maker and Pinnacle. Is there any way to do it?

3. Why sometimes when I preview, the audio sound lost in some of clips?

:)

8 answers to this question

Judging by what you said, you are probably in MyDVD and when you go to edit, you get a "lite" version of VideoWave. Just open VideoWave from the Home/Applications menu and then add your video(s) there.

Just to the right of the word "timeline", there is an icon that looks like a box with plus and minus signs. Click on that and select the other audio tracks - doesn't matter which ones they all work the same. By the picture, you can see that I'm using the music track and the sound FX track. Make sure you don't, at this point, click the icon that is the one on the far left. (Not highlighted on the image). That would take you to an internal set of tracks (usually shows a yellow color). If you did that, the music would play only for the duration of the selected image or video section. The internal tracks are great if you want to add narration to an individual image or to add text only to that image.

I followed what you said and it worked! I am in MyDVD. Since I already saved as a project, I tried clicked on the "+/-" and it gives me extra lines. I can combine and edit music in different tracks now!

Thank you so much for your kind help!

There's many but Videowave is what you use to split, edit, add sound, effects etc. to your projects. You can then export to almost any format you want whether it be dvd or web streaming. MyDVD is for compiling what you make in VW so that it is DVD Compatible and will play on standard players. Or, with MyDVD, you can quickly add your video file and encode direct to disc. It will work with many formats as well.

There's so much more to each of the programs and it takes time to appreciate all that each can do.

Understand now :) Thank you for sharing the information. I will try the different features of the programs. It seems that the user manual, tutorial doesn't give you much detail as the support discussion forum. Did you learn these from the "Help" menu (I couldn't find my answers there)? Anyway, thanks again!

By the way, what is the main difference between MyDVD and VideoWave 8?

There's many but Videowave is what you use to split, edit, add sound, effects etc. to your projects. You can then export to almost any format you want whether it be dvd or web streaming. MyDVD is for compiling what you make in VW so that it is DVD Compatible and will play on standard players. Or, with MyDVD, you can quickly add your video file and encode direct to disc. It will work with many formats as well.

There's so much more to each of the programs and it takes time to appreciate all that each can do.

Understand now :) Thank you for sharing the information. I will try the different features of the programs. It seems that the user manual, tutorial doesn't give you much detail as the support discussion forum. Did you learn these from the "Help" menu (I couldn't find my answers there)? Anyway, thanks again!

Trial and error is the best way to learn and most of what I've learned came from regular reading of this forum. Lost of help here. I don't use VW much myself but there are people here very proficient with it. The search button at the top right is helpful finding older posts.

1. I am editing video files and will burn on DVDs. I need to add music as background. When I add first music track, it was okay. After adding the second one, I can hear the music sound when I play the first track. This happened because I trimmed a few seconds of the first track. Do you know why it cannot take the trim? 2. I need to combine two music tracks when doing the video editing. It doesn't allow my to mix the ending of the first track and the beginning of the second track like Windows Movie Maker and Pinnacle. Is there any way to do it?

3. Why sometimes when I preview, the audio sound lost in some of clips?

:)

Do all editing of videos in VideoWave. Do the audio addition in the timeline view with two or more audio tracks. To mix, just drag the beginning of the second track to the end of the first track. As for the rest of your issues, they may go away if you do the above. But just to be sure, clear the proxy files by going to tools/options/. What Roxio program do you have?

Thank you for giving me the information. I use Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 which is new to me. Once I imported the video files, I clicked on Edit Movie and do the editing in the Timeline View. I don't know if I was already in the VideoWave. I will check it.

I see the image of the screen that you pasted. In the Timeline View, how did you get the extra line under the "Music" line? :) I cannot see it very clear from the image. Mine only shows "Music". Maybe that was why I could not mix music tracks because I was doing it on the same line (Music line).

Judging by what you said, you are probably in MyDVD and when you go to edit, you get a "lite" version of VideoWave. Just open VideoWave from the Home/Applications menu and then add your video(s) there.

Just to the right of the word "timeline", there is an icon that looks like a box with plus and minus signs. Click on that and select the other audio tracks - doesn't matter which ones they all work the same. By the picture, you can see that I'm using the music track and the sound FX track. Make sure you don't, at this point, click the icon that is the one on the far left. (Not highlighted on the image). That would take you to an internal set of tracks (usually shows a yellow color). If you did that, the music would play only for the duration of the selected image or video section. The internal tracks are great if you want to add narration to an individual image or to add text only to that image.

Thank you for giving me the information. I use Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 which is new to me. Once I imported the video files, I clicked on Edit Movie and do the editing in the Timeline View. I don't know if I was already in the VideoWave. I will check it.

I see the image of the screen that you pasted. In the Timeline View, how did you get the extra line under the "Music" line? :) I cannot see it very clear from the image. Mine only shows "Music". Maybe that was why I could not mix music tracks because I was doing it on the same line (Music line).

Archived