Ott665

Vhs Or Beta

Question

My question is two-fold. Can this software capture Beta Video as I still have some very good Beta movies (remember Sony Beta recorders) and secondly will DVD's burned be able to be played on a regular DVD player hooked up to my TV or does it need to be played on the computer, in my case an iMac and possibly using MacTV, which I don't own at present??

4 answers to this question

My question is two-fold. Can this software capture Beta Video as I still have some very good Beta movies (remember Sony Beta recorders) and secondly will DVD's burned be able to be played on a regular DVD player hooked up to my TV or does it need to be played on the computer, in my case an iMac and possibly using MacTV, which I don't own at present??

Yes to both........but.......you might have problems with Macrovision.

If you don't know what that is Google it.

Yes to both........but.......you might have problems with Macrovision.

If you don't know what that is Google it.

Next question ;) I do have Toast 10, do I nees to purchase "Easy VHS to DVD" or can I get away with buying the "Roxio Video Capture USB"? I believe "Easy VHS to DVD" has a limited version of Toast 10 included therefor I think I would be duplicating but I want to make sure I can edit video's before burning to DVD.

Despite the massive growth of DVD, which has resulted in declining sales of VCRs, and the discontinuing of the sale of pre-recorded VHS movies by most retailers, there are still millions of VCRs in use around the world. For the latest information on VCR formats and products, start with some key articles, then check out the sub-categories on this page for more detailed basics and product listings.

BETA VCRs haven't given up their last breath yet. Check out this site for information and product availabilty.

Despite the fact that DVD and other digital technologies are dominating the consumer electronics arena, the traditional VHS VCR is slowing going through a metamorphsis that may just insure its survival, but for how long?

Next question ;) I do have Toast 10, do I nees to purchase "Easy VHS to DVD" or can I get away with buying the "Roxio Video Capture USB"? I believe "Easy VHS to DVD" has a limited version of Toast 10 included therefor I think I would be duplicating but I want to make sure I can edit video's before burning to DVD.

You will need the Easy VHS to DVD for Mac device and its bundled application if you want to capture your Beta tapes as MPEG 2 video on a Mac. It includes a lite version of Toast 9 so you are already better off having the full Toast 10. You won't need to install Toast 9 Basic to use the capture device.