• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Insert Without Disturbing Existing Production

TCT

Question

Is there any way of inserting a new picture at the beginning of a production without disturbing all the work and alignments made earlier? I have built a complex production with pictures and video; music selections; and numerous production text titles. All of these were precisely timed to sync between music/titles and the video items. Now, I want to insert an introduction picture BUT when inserting, the video track expands BUT the music and title alignments do not follow, creating a huge task of having to realign everything. There is probably a way to insert something at the beginning of production and cause everything previously created to move to the right and keep their alignments BUT I do not have the knowledge on how to pull it off. Wisdom and skill needed . . . . .

2 answers to this question

Is there any way of inserting a new picture at the beginning of a production without disturbing all the work and alignments made earlier? I have built a complex production with pictures and video; music selections; and numerous production text titles. All of these were precisely timed to sync between music/titles and the video items. Now, I want to insert an introduction picture BUT when inserting, the video track expands BUT the music and title alignments do not follow, creating a huge task of having to realign everything. There is probably a way to insert something at the beginning of production and cause everything previously created to move to the right and keep their alignments BUT I do not have the knowledge on how to pull it off. Wisdom and skill needed . . . . .

There is no "easy" way to insert a new picture without disturning all the Audio/effects etc. Everything will go out of sync.

The proper way to have everything in sync (or most of your production) is to add the audio/effects on the internal track for a video or image. That way you can move the picture/video on the video track and the audio/effects for that picture/video will move and stay in sync. Audio/effects that "span" several pictures/videos will of course have to be moved manually.

I usually break up a video project into several smaller project and work on those. You can output each project to a video file and these can be easily combined in a final project.