• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capturing Live Streaming Flash 10 Video

dmwierz

Question

I'm having trouble capturing live streaming video via the Flash 10 plug-in in Safari. The video never shows up in the media browser. I can do it fine for video clips (YouTube, etc.), but live video - no go. Help?

If I can't get this working, I'll be forced to use something way less effective, like SnapzPro...

Edited by dmwierz

2 answers to this question

I'm having trouble capturing live streaming video via the Flash 10 plug-in in Safari. The video never shows up in the media browser. I can do it fine for video clips (YouTube, etc.), but live video - no go. Help?

If I can't get this working, I'll be forced to use something way less effective, like SnapzPro...

Can you get the stream URL from the page source or Safari's Activity window and then use VLC.app to re-encode the stream to a local file?

Edited by snapdragon

Can you get the stream URL from the page source or Safari's Activity window and then use VLC.app to re-encode the stream to a local file?

I can try that next time, thanks. I was actually thinking that a lack of this information (embedded source URL within the Flash) may be what was causing Toast to not be able to capture the video. What types of files are normally used within YouTube, .wmv, .mov, .mpg, .avi, or what?

Thanks again.