• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Deleting Rements Of Roxio Programs And Files

seaswirl

There are "Clean Uninstall" instructions for the various program suites. They vary depending on the version of the Roxio program you have, and your Operating System.

If you tell us your OS and the Roxio suite you're wanting deleted, we can point you at the appropriate instructions.

Alternately, you could use the free Revo uninstaller [available in many different web places] set in 'moderate' mode and delete things that way.

ze="3"][/size]

There are "Clean Uninstall" instructions for the various program suites. They vary depending on the version of the Roxio program you have, and your Operating System.

If you tell us your OS and the Roxio suite you're wanting deleted, we can point you at the appropriate instructions.

Alternately, you could use the free Revo uninstaller [available in many different web places] set in 'moderate' mode and delete things that way.

Hi, I, like Newbie, am trying to uninstall Roxio Creator 2009. I went to Add/Remove Programs and it was running for quite awhile, so I left the machine and was doing something else. When I returned, there was a

message "Setup encountered and error during installation. Error Code 04C7". So I tried to uninstall again. Now I get a message that it is "unable to find certificate file". and then the same previous msg with the same error code. I am using Windows XP SP3 - Internet Explorer 8

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Geri

ze="3"][/size]

Hi, I, like Newbie, am trying to uninstall Roxio Creator 2009. I went to Add/Remove Programs and it was running for quite awhile, so I left the machine and was doing something else. When I returned, there was a

message "Setup encountered and error during installation. Error Code 04C7". So I tried to uninstall again. Now I get a message that it is "unable to find certificate file". and then the same previous msg with the same error code. I am using Windows XP SP3 - Internet Explorer 8

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Geri

Did you try the Revo uninstaller????

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what Revo Uninstaller is. Would I be able to find it by googling it?

Another echo ! :P

It is free and here (link). Use the Moderate Mode.

The Pro version (free 30 day trial) is supposed to uninstall partially installed programs. I have not tried it so I can't recommend it. You can find it at C/Net also.

Note: if it doesn't come up as installed software, then you should use the Roxio uninstall instructions. Do not add or skip any steps. Make sure that you delete every thing that is called for. Some of the stuff may be in use so drag whatever it is to your desktop, reboot and then reinstall.

Edited by sknis

You guys are really great. Believe Revo uninstall worked on everything but the following:

CDDB Control Roxio.dll and CDDBUI Roxio.dll both are located at c:\windows\system 32. I have no idea how to find and delete these files. if all works well i won't have to put up with Roxio programs appearing at odd times with various messages.When this happens all other work stops. Mind boggling for over a year. The Revo uninstaller, free version worked so well i may just buy the pro version.

Would appreciate help in removing the final vestiges of Roxio

I was a bit premature in my elation on solving delete Roxio programs/files problem. i lost my desk top icons and when i try to move the icon from the file to the screen this Roxio junk comes up again saying that a script engine is missing and needs to be added to this machine. Then a windows installer comes and says can't install Roxio Easy Media Creator 7. I haven't used this program in over 3 years. Unless it has to do with the system 32 files i am lost again. I ran a search on all my drives on "Roxio" and the only place where it shows up is in the system 32 files. Drag and Drop does not work while these little messages are up, so i can't restore my desk top.

In response to to one of the viewers questions, i am using Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3

You guys are really great. Believe Revo uninstall worked on everything but the following:

CDDB Control Roxio.dll and CDDBUI Roxio.dll both are located at c:\windows\system 32. I have no idea how to find and delete these files. if all works well i won't have to put up with Roxio programs appearing at odd times with various messages.When this happens all other work stops. Mind boggling for over a year. The Revo uninstaller, free version worked so well i may just buy the pro version.

Would appreciate help in removing the final vestiges of Roxio

Just deleting files associated with a program is a very bad idea. It does not remove the registry entries. The proper way is to always at least use the Add/Remove procedure for any installed programs. RevoUninstall does a very good job of cleaning the registry but of course will have all sorts of trouble if you were to simply delete program components and then try RevoUninstall afterwords. That may well be the situation you are in if you have deleted programs without first following the proper uninstall procedure.

Ok here is where i am in aneffort to delete any Roxio from my computer.

First tried add/remove programs and no roxio elements showed up. Time passed and i put up with the odd messages that kept appearing. i have not used roxio in over 3 years. It finally got so bad that i asked this forum how to get rid of the files. As a result i down loaded revo pro and ran an ubinstall. This cleaned out a lot of roxio junk and i thought all was well. I had lost my desktop icons and each time i attempted to create/move an icon this easy media creator 7 basic dvd edition came up saying installation could not be completed because of a missing script engine, then a windows install screen comes up saying install aborted missing script engine. I did another system search and it showed there were two system 32 dll's still out there. I ran a forced uninstall providing the path and file file name, Revo reported there were no files. Either revo or windows was wrong. I did a visual search of the system 32 file and the 2 dll's are there with the exact same file names i used with revo. I am not sure if deleting them will solve the appearance of the easy media creator screens. Their description pertains to gracenote and cddb, but then why does working with icons cause this roxio junk to appear. I have visually looked at every file that could have roxio data in them and find nothing. A windows search and a revo search all are negative.

if that is not enough how about this. On the revo screen the roxio 7 icon is showing. Revo reports it was deleted. ????? left click brings up this missing search engine garbage. right clicking will do a lot of things including going to roxio's knowledge base where i could not find any info on uninstalling creator 7. How is all of this possible if it is deleted and where is it coming from.

Under the existing conditions there is not much i can do as 95% of work is with music and related art work. Truly frustrating when you almost get an LP restored and you lose all of your work when this creator 7 junk pops up.

Pleading for help!!!!!!!!!

I'm noty sure if this will work or not but you have little to lose. Google for Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. It is no longer supported by Microsoft. Download it, read the instructions (except for the Microsoft link on that page) and remove anything that is Roxio, Sonic and DirectXInstall Service.

Edited by sknis