prob w/Divx video file transferred 2 dvdvideo

roadsideprophet

Question

I had EMC 7.5 and burned the file (.avi, but the little divx logo comes into my systray, so I am assuming it is a divx file) to dvd video (DVD-R) no problem. When using the same file in EMC 8, in dvd builder, the video looks pixelated, it really is apparent in text on the screen or the edges of people's faces. I burned it a couple of times, in a few ways. I went into project settings and changed the setting from fit to disc to best quality. I also changed the setting from interlaced to progressive (the slider was all the way to the right, I assumed that it was the best quality so I left it). I originally burned the disc with the default settings but there was no difference-video quality was a problem every time. I also notice that if I preview the video file before I burn it, it looks pixelated as well. So I am assuming the problem is with the software, being that EMC 7.5 does it just fine. But I wanna use the new program. I tried to update the software, but when I do, it says that the software is up to date. What does everyone suggest?

5 answers to this question

I had EMC 7.5 and burned the file (.avi, but the little divx logo comes into my systray, so I am assuming it is a divx file) to dvd video (DVD-R) no problem. When using the same file in EMC 8, in dvd builder, the video looks pixelated, it really is apparent in text on the screen or the edges of people's faces. I burned it a couple of times, in a few ways. I went into project settings and changed the setting from fit to disc to best quality. I also changed the setting from interlaced to progressive (the slider was all the way to the right, I assumed that it was the best quality so I left it). I originally burned the disc with the default settings but there was no difference-video quality was a problem every time. I also notice that if I preview the video file before I burn it, it looks pixelated as well. So I am assuming the problem is with the software, being that EMC 7.5 does it just fine. But I wanna use the new program. I tried to update the software, but when I do, it says that the software is up to date. What does everyone suggest?

Not everyone seems to get a better quality DVD with v8 as compared to 7.5.....myself included. I don't find the quality as bad as some but there is no doubt in my mind that 7.5 is better. I still use it over 8 unless I need the use of the 16:9 format.

The quality and type of file you start with makes a huge difference as well. Highly compressed files like divx and xvid will not look as good as a dv-avi file. But, if you've tried the same file in both 7.5 and 8 and there is a definite difference with that same file, I don't think there's much you can do about it.

Exactly what version do you have? I'm not aware of any update that changed the quality of video in EMC8.

I just meant that I upgraded from 7.5 to 8.0. I actually did a clean install and not an upgrade. And I did burn the disc (using DVD builder in 8 and I don't exactly remember what it was in 7.5, maybe videowave). I haven't tried using that copier program, I will check it out, but I find it very curious that my video file becomes pixelated. You might think it is the codec, but windows media player plays it just fine, and the quality was taken from a HDTV show and my original burn looks like HD.

Archived