Dtind

Emc 8 Updates

Question

Hello,

Installed my Easy Media Creator 8 software. (Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home)

Would someone please give me a direct link to software updates for my software.

Do you know if this software supports HD video? Will it edit HD video and then save it as HD video?

Would appreciate the update links!

12 answers to this question

Hello,

Installed my Easy Media Creator 8 software. (Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home)

Would someone please give me a direct link to software updates for my software.

Do you know if this software supports HD video? Will it edit HD video and then save it as HD video?

Would appreciate the update links!

Since EMC 8 is 4 or 5 years old, I don't know if you can find any updates on the Roxio site. Have you even tried there? In any case, I don't think that EMC 8 supports HD video

Perhaps reading some of theseKb articles (link) will help. It is possible that all the links will not work since that is so old and obsolete. Did you get it cheap or free? Is it the full version or an OEM version?

I purchased this software new years ago and just recently opened it and installed it for the first time. It is the full version Easy Media Creator 8 software. (Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home)

On the Roxio website, under the obvious link support/software updates this version is no longer listed. Also when I click on the update from the program itself it states 'no updates found for your software.' Probably because it is no longer supported...

I willing to bet someone here either has the update files or knows how to locate them on the Roxio site.

Module Name: Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 3.0.91a

I would appreciate it if someone would be able to supply me with the updates for this software!

I purchased this software new years ago and just recently opened it and installed it for the first time. It is the full version Easy Media Creator 8 software. (Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home)

On the Roxio website, under the obvious link support/software updates this version is no longer listed. Also when I click on the update from the program itself it states 'no updates found for your software.' Probably because it is no longer supported...

I willing to bet someone here either has the update files or knows how to locate them on the Roxio site.

Module Name: Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 3.0.91a

I would appreciate it if someone would be able to supply me with the updates for this software!

I would not want to take your money but I believe that you would lose that bet.

I assume by update, that you mean a free service pack. EMC 8 was perhaps the buggiest and shotest lived version ever. I believe there were several different versions. Even the old posts for EMC 8 were lost when the boards/forums were updated. What build do you have (8.xx). You posted the build of the Home page and not the program.

If you updated WMP and/or IE to the lastest, I'm not sure it will run anyway.

Edited by sknis

I would not want to take your money but I believe that you would lose that bet.

Why do you believe that there are/were any updates anyway? EMC 8 was perhaps the buggiest and shotest lived version ever. I believ here were several different versions but I do not remember that there were any updates. Even the old posts for EMC 8 were lost when the boards/forums were updated.

Going through many threads in a search of the Roxio website I was able to find just one link with an actual update.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc8/software_updates.html

I'm still betting there are updates avail to all or most of the programs in my suite. Just need someone smarter than me to help me find them or provide me with a copy of them.

On a question related to the above update, that update states "Update the Retail (CD-ROM) English version of Easy Media Creator 8.0 Suite (Build 800B85C) to 8.05 (Build 805B30B.)"

My Creator Classic has a different build, Build 805B30B ENU. Will this update work with my Build version? Should I install this update with the Build version I have? I guess I'm not sure if this update applies to my software as I have Roxio Creator 8 Suite, is this the same as Easy Media Creator 8.0 Suite as stated on the above update link?

Thanks for your help

Going through many threads in a search of the Roxio website I was able to find just one link with an actual update.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/emc8/software_updates.html

I'm still betting there are updates avail to all or most of the programs in my suite. Just need someone smarter than me to help me find them or provide me with a copy of them.

On a question related to the above update, that update states "Update the Retail (CD-ROM) English version of Easy Media Creator 8.0 Suite (Build 800B85C) to 8.05 (Build 805B30B.)"

My Creator Classic has a different build, Build 805B30B ENU. Will this update work with my Build version? Should I install this update with the Build version I have? I guess I'm not sure if this update applies to my software as I have Roxio Creator 8 Suite, is this the same as Easy Media Creator 8.0 Suite as stated on the above update link?

Thanks for your help

I believe that the ENU means that it is the downloaded version and by what you posted, you have the latest build. Creator Classic would give you the right information - you have the B30B whcih is equicalent to EMC 8.05. There is nothing newer than that. Let us know if you are staisfied with EMC 8.05. Many people gave up and updated to a newere version.

There is NO 'Creator 8' - what you have is EMC 8 (the 'Creator' names didn't start until Creator 2009 which would have been EMC11)

Dtind,

I think ENU meand the software is an English version. It means that when Microsoft use that label.

In any case, it should be quite safe for you to run that patch file, since it won't operate if you don't have the right version.

I got this when I ran the patch against my Easy Media Creator 8 Build 806B071 ENU [on original CD] a few minutes ago.

post-208-042620600 1291334122.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

ENU is Microsoftese For ENglish U(nited States) Brendon

Bill Gates seems to think that English is nothing to do with England :lol:

Bill Gates seems to think that English is nothing to do with England :lol:

Having heard some of the accents coming our of there lately bruvver, he might be right, isnit?

I believe that the ENU means that it is the downloaded version and by what you posted, you have the latest build. Creator Classic would give you the right information - you have the B30B whcih is equicalent to EMC 8.05. There is nothing newer than that. Let us know if you are staisfied with EMC 8.05. Many people gave up and updated to a newere version.

The downloaded versions were ESD.

Having heard some of the accents coming our of there lately bruvver, he might be right, isnit?

I just thought it was English spelt badly :D:lol:;)