HELP: ISO to DVD

tgause

Question

Does anyone out there have any idea what could be causing only the audio to be recorded when I make an ISO file? I saved an EMC8 project as an ISO file this evening and then burned it to a DVD. End result: I can hear everything, but I have no visual. Could this have something to do with the encoding?

Specs

Sony VAIO

XP Professional

RAM: 1.5 GB

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Total Capacity: 605.44 GB

Sum of Hard Disks: (C: D: H: L: )

Used: 147.29 GB

Free: 458.14 GB

11 answers to this question

Have you tried to preview the ISO in Disc Copier? The attached picture shows what icon to click on once you have browsed and found your ISO file.

Sorry for the delay in responding and many thanks for the image. I followed your instructions, and I can't preview the ISO in Disc Copier. I can only see the Menu page in the top box; the second and third boxes are black with white static-like, horizontal streaks.

Any ideas?

tg

Trash the disc. Since you got an error message when creating it, I would suspect that it was corrupted even though you got the 'created successful' message.

have you tried reburning the project yet? Sometimes a failed burn will unexplicably work the second time.

Trash the disc. Since you got an error message when creating it, I would suspect that it was corrupted even though you got the 'created successful' message.

have you tried reburning the project yet? Sometimes a failed burn will unexplicably work the second time.

Yep. I've tried again and failed. One option that I haven't tried is rendering the ISO using the "software" option instead of the default "hardware" option. This is a stab in the dark, and I know that the quality is worse, but do you think there may be worth a try (even though the drivers on my PC are sufficient for the "hardware" option?

tg

Does anyone out there have any idea what could be causing only the audio to be recorded when I make an ISO file? I saved an EMC8 project as an ISO file this evening and then burned it to a DVD. End result: I can hear everything, but I have no visual. Could this have something to do with the encoding?

Specs

Sony VAIO

XP Professional

RAM: 1.5 GB

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Total Capacity: 605.44 GB

Sum of Hard Disks: (C: D: H: L: )

Used: 147.29 GB

Free: 458.14 GB

It could be a codec problem. What type of file is it? Will the file play in the preview fine or in Windows Media Player ok? Any error messages?

It could be a codec problem. What type of file is it? Will the file play in the preview fine or in Windows Media Player ok? Any error messages?

Thanks for responding. The file is an AVI-DV file. I plays perfectly in the EMC8 preview. It's only after recording as an ISO that I have problems. After the ISO file has been made and I burn it to DVD using Disc Copier, I do get an error message saying something to the effect that "The last command could not be completed". However, immediately after this EMC8 goes on to confirm that the DVD was burned successfully.

It's so fustrating to get so close. Any ideas/suggestions?

You need to answer the rest of the question. Will it play in WMP (or other DVD player on your computer) after it is burned? Not just EMC 8 before the disc is burned. Have you tried playing it on more than one stand alone DVD player?

Thanks for responding. The file is an AVI-DV file. I plays perfectly in the EMC8 preview. It's only after recording as an ISO that I have problems. After the ISO file has been made and I burn it to DVD using Disc Copier, I do get an error message saying something to the effect that "The last command could not be completed". However, immediately after this EMC8 goes on to confirm that the DVD was burned successfully. It's so fustrating to get so close. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks for responding. The file is an AVI-DV file. I plays perfectly in the EMC8 preview. It's only after recording as an ISO that I have problems. After the ISO file has been made and I burn it to DVD using Disc Copier, I do get an error message saying something to the effect that "The last command could not be completed". However, immediately after this EMC8 goes on to confirm that the DVD was burned successfully.

It's so fustrating to get so close. Any ideas/suggestions?

Preview the ISO in Disc Copier, and see if all is okay. If it is, make sure that you have the latest firmware update for your burner, and try a different brand/type of media.

You need to answer the rest of the question. Will it play in WMP (or other DVD player on your computer) after it is burned? Not just EMC 8 before the disc is burned. Have you tried playing it on more than one stand alone DVD player?

No. The burned disc will not play in WMP or in any other program on my computer. Nor will it play in my stand alone DVD player (since we only have one stand alone at home, I haven't tried any other).

No. The burned disc will not play in WMP or in any other program on my computer. Nor will it play in my stand alone DVD player (since we only have one stand alone at home, I haven't tried any other).

Have you tried to preview the ISO in Disc Copier? The attached picture shows what icon to click on once you have browsed and found your ISO file.

post-81-1152641007.jpg

Have tried to load the iso file into the Disc Image Loader and does it play there?

Archived