• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Eject CD ROM with Windows API if D2D is running

rxo

Question

I need to eject the CD ROM from a windows application.

If 'drag to disk' is running the LOCK (DeviceIoControl) command prior to the eject command fail.

Any help on how to eject the media from a windows application is highly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

If 'drag to disk' is running the LOCK (DeviceIoControl) command prior to the eject command fail.

Any help on how to eject the media from a windows application is highly appreciated.

A little more information about just what you're application is doing might help us. Are you trying to write an application that will use D2D, and be able to eject a full or completed disc? Or do you simply want to be able to open/close the disc drawer, and D2D is interfering with that by locking the drive when a formatted disc is in the drive? If the latter, then the solution is to simply not put in a formatted disc.

Otherwise, though, Roxio has never published any list of 'hooks' into any of their applications that I've seen or heard. We're all users here, not in the employ of Roxio (excepting those few who show up here from time to time with a Roxio logo next to their posts).

Um ... I'm not sure why you have a Packet-Writing application such as Drag2Disc running, since all such appliations are good for is permantly LOSING data. It is NOT a back-up application.

I'd suggest you use Classic Creator to transfer the data to CD-R, remove the formatted disc, and uninstall Drag2Disc.

Lynn

I agree with Lynn. To get that disc out, go to Start/Run, and type in msconfig in the text box. When the next screen comes up, click on the Startup tab, and uncheck Drag to Disc, or D2D. I am not sure how it is listed, because I never install any packet writing software. Once you have done that, click on Apply, then Okay.

Reboot your computer, and eject the disc. Then uninstall Drag to Disc through Add/Remove Programs. Click on Roxio..., then click on Change, not Remove.

Archived